Links

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Cooking keropok lekor (fish sausages) using my 2.5 liter pressure cooker

This is taken in the evening of 24 March 2020. Where I happen to have keropok lekor (fish sausages) in my freezer. Decided to cook it using my 2.5 liter pressure cooker [1].
Please take note that this method is only suitable for those who is unwell or have less/no oil stock at home. Definitely not for those who is not within either type of people. Do proceed with normal cooking method for faster result. This is solely self experimental purpose for me.
I leave the frozen keropok lekor (fish sausages) it for almost an hour to let it defrost. Then I wash using vinegar mixture as I am out of tamarind to remove the fishy smell. Then I grate 2 garlic to season it and give extra fragrant.
I use function rice, texture mild for 16 minutes and unseal the pressure valve. I let the pressure valve unseal as I wanted to be able to open the lid and turn around the keropok lekor (fish sausages) so that it will seared evenly. No oil used for this cooking method. After 4 minutes, I check the keropok lekor (fish sausages). Found it already sticking to the non stick inner pot. Decided to seal the pressure valve and let it cook. At this point of time, it already give a nice smell. All thanks to the grated garlic.
The look of nicely cooked keropok lekor (fish sausages). This is using lowest light setting of my card size LED video light [2].



This is taken using the brightest setting of my card size video light.
Can see how nicely dry and seared the top part of this keropok lekor (fish sausages). The white debris is actually the grated garlic used to season it.

The cooking process:
1. Soak the  keropok lekor (fish sausages) with vinegar mixture. This is to remove the fishy outer layer.
2. Grated garlic. To season and add nicer fragrant. I do found that grated garlic gives better taste and flavor to the food than minced garlic.

3. Mix well grated garlic with  keropok lekor (fish sausages). It was mixed directly in the inner pot of the pressure cooker.
I am surprised it turned out nicely. I am able to finish half of it. Keeping the other half for my breakfast next day.
For me personally, this cooking method also suitable to teach younger  kids. However, they must be under supervision.
All pictures taken using my precious Samsung J7 Prime. Most of the time using single hand.
Till then, have fun in making decent dish during restricted movement order. Also please keep your social distance and stay well at home.

References:
[1] Function details on my 2.5 liter pressure cooker https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/10/details-on-functions-in-my-25-liter.html
[2] My card size LED video light https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2020/03/my-card-size-led-video-light.html

No comments:

Post a Comment