Links

Saturday, September 25, 2021

My homemade lips and face balm

This is taken in the morning of 21 September 2021. Where I manage to spare time to make my own lip and face balm.
The look of the filled 50 gm and 10 gm container with homemade lips and face balm. 
The look of empty containers 50 gm and 10 gm before pouring in homemade lips and face balm. 
I do add essential oil into the homemade lips and face balm. For a more nourishing supplement to my ageing skin. I can also custom made the balm based on my skin needs. 
It does feel good to be able to make my own lips and face balm. As I know the kind of ingredients I put into it. Also have better control of the used ingredients. So far, red spots on my left chest reduce tremendously after using the homemade balm consistently for 3 days straight. My scratches from Furball the cat also no longer sting and swollen. It is also fast melt on skin. No greasy texture. Despite the used of carrier oil in it.
For this balm, no ingredient for colour used as I wanted to use it on face also. Need to focus on moisturising and healing process first.
I do asked by few on balm to helps reduce acne issue for their kids. Well, I normally will ask few standard question first on the person skincare routine. I would then suggest for few additional steps based on their existing skincare product [1]. As normally people just wash and moisturised their skin. Which they often skin toner step. If they refuse to listen to my advice, I strongly suggest to bring the person to certified dermatologist. As I only know few things based on my own experiences. So far, few of close person to me do take my advice. And they manage to get clear skin condition from acne and white heads. But once they stop the suggested steps, they eventually face the same previous skin conditions that they have encounter last time. All about hard working and dedication in order to have good skin condition. Also to know well your body and skin reaction to the consumed food. As few processed food and fast food tend to give skin outbreak compare to non processed food.
The process in making this balm is quite tedious. Since for me, I find it to be a quite high precision work. As need to know the correct temperature to melt few ingredients. Also when is the safe temperature to add essential oil. So that the heat from the melted ingredients would not destroy the good vitamin and enzyme of the used ingredients. Especially if you are using such delicate and heat sensitive ingredient like raw honey, vitamin C and etc. Plus, have to know good mixture of the selected ingredients. As certain ingredients does do harm when infused together. But do wonders when paired with correct partner or ingredient. Basically, a basic chemistry knowledge, mathematic knowledge and baking experience is quite a crucial criteria to make this balm.
I am still learning the ingredients that suits my ageing skin condition and type of ingredients needed for nourishement. Also for others that need for their acne issue.
Till then, have fun in making your own lips and face balm. 

Reference:
[1] My 3 main steps of skincare routine for a good skin condition

No comments:

Post a Comment