Links

Sunday, October 24, 2021

Tips to care for curry leaves (pokok kari) plant

This is taken in the morning of 23 October 2021. Where I packed 1 unit ros kampung (rose) plant and 1 unit curry leaves (pokok kari) plant for my customer.
The healthy and huge look of my curry leaves (daun kari). This is after it is under ICU (Intensive Care Unit) after last pest attack last 6 September 2021 [1].
The curry leaves (pokok kari) plant is quite tall. I think it is more than 1 year old. When I check back my previous blog entries, I have plant this since September 2019 [2]. From 2 liter container to 5 liter container. I just leave it in the container as part of my experiment in growing curry leaves (pokok kari) plant. Especially for customer who stays in high rise building to refer later.



Flowers from the same breed of ros kampung (rose) plant.
I do pricked by the spiky ros kampung (rose) plant thorn. Well, it is just my mistake for not wearing my gardening gloves while taking it out. Despite I do bring them together.
I put my homemade lips and face balm on the pricked area [3]. Right after clean it up using tissue. So I do not feel any pricky pain afterwards.

Tips to care for the curry leaves (pokok kari) plant in 5 liter container:
●use at least 100 ml water for the plant in the morning (between 8 am to 10 am) and same amount in the evening (between 5 pm to 7 pm).
●put fertilizer once a month if using chemical fertilizer. Amount for chemical fertilizer is nothing more than 5 ml/gm. As it is in 5 liter container. If using compost or organic fertilizer, can put around 30 ml/gm amount per week.
●only need to spray with pest control when it is attacked by pest [1]. Can use chemical spray. Which I normally would not suggest. As the leaves is consumed. If using organic pest control, I would suggest to use diluted wood vinegar. Or diluted neem oil mixture. Or diluted revival potion. All these 3 can buy from me. Which I will give detailed instructions to use as free service for the buyer.

Till then, have fun in tending after your planted  curry leaves (pokok kari) plant at home. 

References:
[1] The look of my heavily infested curry leaves (pokok kari) plant last 6 September 2021
[2] The same curry leaves (pokok kari) plant last 24 September 2019
[3] My homemade lips and face balm last 21 September 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment