Links

Saturday, September 10, 2022

Steps taken to claim insurance after car accident

As I have been asked by so many regarding this matter, I think it is much faster and better for me to explain such a matter in my blog. So that later may hopefully help others who experience the same.
Can refer below for the flowchart of the steps I have taken to settle my car insurance claim after the accident [1].

Basically, it took me 10 days to get Insurer Offer Letter from Etiqa on the total loss claim of my car (from 29 August 2022 to 7 September 2022). Can refer to the below image.

From this experience, I can see how important it is to have very good documentation skills. And scanned copies of all your important documents (car grant and etc) do help a lot contributing in for faster claim process. Also, skills in taking every single accident picture are compulsory. Despite you are still in pain from the accident. I do notice when I give a compilation of the accident pictures in 1 pdf file, it helps the Etiqa personnel to expedite uploading my documents in Etiqa online system. And communication via WhatApps does help a lot in clarifying my queries in filling up both Claim form and Insurer Offer Letter form. I cannot imagine the accident claim process without all these technologies. I might need to print a hard copy of all accident pictures and then send it by hand to Etiqa branch in Johor Bahru or courier it to Etiqa main office in KL.
Until then, have fun in scanning all your important documents for safekeeping.

References:
[1] The look of my car being pull out from the drain last 28 August 2022 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2022/08/the-look-of-my-car-after-being-pull-out.html
[2] The look of my car right after accident
[3] The look of my deep sleep after consumed prescribed psychiatric medicine 

No comments:

Post a Comment