Links

Friday, October 13, 2023

Trimming a branch to my lemuni hitam tree

This is taken on the morning of 7 July 2023. Where I managed to trim down a branch to my lemuni hitam tree. Decided to cut it off as the branch already grow across the street. And low enough that I am able to see the broken small branches each time lorry use the road. 
I started the cutting process from 8.43 am. That is the earliest I am able to force myself to go out.
This is after 10 minutes cutting it. With added body weight of mine as an attempt to get it cracked faster. 
Picture right after the branch completely cut off. This is after 13 minutes. 
The size of the lemuni hitam branch as long as the road width. I drag it to the side of the road, under the coconut tree. So that I can take my time to trim the bushy branch later. 
Diameter of the cut off branch lemuni hitam tree is 7.9 cm. Able to get precise measurement using vernier caliper.
My breakfast of 1 comb (sisir/sikat) buah pisang berangan (banana fruits). 
If this is done without power tool, I would not finished cutting the branch even after 1 hour time. Since this lemuni hitam tree is the type of dense and packed (padat dan mampat) one. One of my girlfriend was gifted a ladle made of lemuni hitam tree by her father in law. And it only break after 10 years of usage. Talk about durability. 
I do take a lot of small break in between cutting time. First is to reduce vibration cutting impact to my aging body. Secondly is to ensure the power tool motor did not overheating. As I need to use this power tool later for my other trees. Need to be as thorough and careful as possible. 
Moral of the story, I should get up and cut earlier like 7.00 am. Since at that time, less people are using the road. Also I need to think a sign to put up to close the road. 
Until then, be safe while using cutting tool to cut off tree branch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment