Links

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Steeping tea with sugar for my first kombucha tea starter.

I manage to boiled water to let tea and sugar steep in it before leave it to cool down in the evening of 12 April 2019. Where I am going to use it later for my first fermentation of my kombucha scoby.
The look of the bottled kombucha scoby in the cooled sugared tea.
I am using 2 tea bags, less than 1 liter hot boiled water and brown sugar. This time I do make sure to use tea leaves instead of herbal leaves. Learn well from my first attempt [1]. This mixture just enough to fill in 2 unit of my kuih raya glass jar. Have to make do with equipment that is available.
By the time I am ready to make new brew of kombucha tea, the sugared tea mixture already cooled to room temperature. That is the beauty of managing your multi tasking well. Which I normally make list of process flow on things that I want to do. As a result, I am able to complete the task well today. 
The kombucha tea that being brewed last 1 April 2019 [1].

The look of the cooled steeped sugared tea for new first fermentation process of kombucha tea. 
The look of the scobies in new containers for first fermentation.
Which I need to pour the cooled sugared tea from the jug in these 2 containers. Then add some brewed kombucha tea from the one made earlier last 1 April 2019 for starter [1]. 
Till then,  have fun in brewing kombucha tea at home. 

References:
[1] My wrong first attempt in making kombucha tea starter with herbs thay suppose to be in second fermentation process https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/03/get-2-container-kombucha-tea-starter.html
[2] The look of my first fermentation kombucha tea last 1 April 2019 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/04/correcting-my-mistake-doing-kombucha.html

No comments:

Post a Comment