Links

Monday, April 1, 2019

Correcting my mistake doing kombucha starter.

After getting advised from one of kombucha brewer on my wrong technique last 31 March 2019, I decided to amend the process morning of 1 April 2019 [1]. I still have long way to go for kombucha brewing. Need to make very thorough notes and documentation for every steps and outcome.
The finished look of the brewed kombucha starter.
I cover the lid using clean wide tissue and use rubber ring to keep it in place. As the scoby need to breath and the tissue help to ensure no fly or insect creeping into the mixture.

Brewing process:
Using tea given to one of my boss. Where he get from his China student.


Process soak to clean scoby.
I am using drinking water in room temperature.
Steeping tea in boiled water.

Diluting brown sugar in the tea.
I am using less than 1 gallon container. Approximately 2 containers that able to accomodate up to 650 ml. Therefore, I modify the recipe according to the size of my container.
I have to wait for the kombucha tea to brew for 5 to 7 days. Then I can add my minty aloe vera drink that I have make earlier under second fermentation process [2].
It is not easy. But it is doable as long as you have the patience, time, and energy to do it.
Till then, have fun in brewing kombucha tea at home.

References:
[1] My wrong attempt in making kombucha starter last 31 March 2019 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/03/get-2-container-kombucha-tea-starter.html
[2] My minty aloe vera drink using 4 gm of mint leaves (30 unit spearmint+3 unit apple mint leaves) last 31 March 2019 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/03/making-minty-aloe-vera-drink-for-my.html

No comments:

Post a Comment