Links

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

UTM Career Fair 2019

This event was held from 16 to 17 April 2019 in Dewan Sultan Iskandar (DSI) on UTM Skudai [1]. I only manage to go there morning of 17 April 2019.
Quite a lot of participant from industry. Even those from Singapore.
Enjoying Milo drink from Milo truck after finished looking around.

I manage to send my resume to 12 companies. Should really bring more.
Still I am able to collect their email to send my resume. Thankfully I have revamp my resume yesterday. Much easier for the industry to spot part that they look for. Even one from Venture told and suggest for me to apply as Senior QA Engineer when she saw my QA/QC experience. Maybe she is looking for QA engineer for her team. There is student before me that asked what is PCB to one of the Venture company spokesperson. For students that do final year project with my team, would definitely know a lot about it.
It is also additional experience to me. I did learn a lot of new things.
For me, it is good for students even first year to go for such events. So that they could gain information what kind of skills and experience that the company wanted for hiring. As I do remember last time when I went for career fair with my brother no 4, he was surprised to see such event in Mid Valley last 2008 to 2009. Where university tend to have such events inside campus in yearly basis. Such a loss to him.
Such event also good for after SPM holder. As they are able to gain knowledge and informatio  for UPU selection courses. Especially courses that have high potential hiring after they graduate later.

Process in buying milo drink from the tall Milo truck after finished looking around the huge hall.

Till then, have fun in submitting your resume😉💪.

Reference:
[1] UTM career carnival http://www.utm.my/careercarnival/

No comments:

Post a Comment