Links

Saturday, April 13, 2019

My second fermentation process of kombucha tea.

Manage to spare time to make second fermentation of my kombucha tea in the evening of 12 April 2019. After I have make first fermentation last 1 April 2019 [1].
The look of the bottles containing juices for second fermentation. 2 of left bottles is using pandan+spearmint juice. While 2 of right bottles using pineapple+spearmint juice. Where I blended the ingredients with room temperature boiled water.
I am just using the organic ingredients which is free from chemical pesticide that I have available in my house.
  • Pandan leaves has healing benefits too. They are great for getting rid of pain, for detoxing the body and gastrointestinal (GI) spasm.
  • Spearmint good for digestive and respiratory.
  • Pineapple have lots of vitamin c in it and good for digestion.
I am still in the experimenting stage and get used on the process flow making kombucha tea. Which is clearly can be seen from the way I bottled the second fermentation. As there is more than 2 inch gap from the lid of the bottle. I have to leave them for 2 days in second fermentation stage and burp it before proceed keeping them in the fridge for daily consumption.
Hopefully by my second time of first fermentation ready, I will be much more faster in making the second fermentation step which is the flavouring part of it.
To be frank, such task to take care of kombucha scoby, flavouring it for second fermentation is not as simple as what being read. It does requires dedication, good time management, energy and focus. Since dealing with sensitive probiotic and alive scoby. However, in depth studies, good time management and arrangement does helps to ease the process. I even take notes on my every step, calculated each ingredients used and mixed. In order for me to improve in my next process. I have to be meticulous in order to get consistent result in my precious kombucha drink. As my body does appreciate it well.
Till then, have fun in flavouring you kombucha tea for second fermentation.

References:
[1] My first fermentation of kombucha tea last 1 April 2019 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/04/correcting-my-mistake-doing-kombucha.html
[2] Drinking my second fermentation kombucha tea with pandan+spearmint juice last 20 April 2019 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/05/drinking-my-second-fermentation.html

No comments:

Post a Comment