Links

Tuesday, September 20, 2022

My review on ThinkBook 14p Gen 2 by Lenovo

Specification of my laptop ThinkBook 14p Gen 2 by Lenovo. It is using AMD Ryzen 7 processor. Main reason in choosing this laptop. Been using it for almost 6 months time.
Summary in the reason in choosing AMD Ryzen [1]:
1. Price.
AMD much cheaper
2. Speed.
The speed of Ryzen is better than intel when it comes to multi-tasking and single-tasking. We can see that Ryzen 5 has 6 core and 12 thread whereas intel CPU has a higher clock speed as well as 4 physical core and 8 thread. this clearly indicates that Ryzen is providing much better speed.
3. Overclocking in Ryzen processor.
4. Less heat generation by AMD
The look of opened tab on my chrome.
These amount of tabs in chrome normally will leads to frequent crash last time when using laptop Dell Latitude E6330.

Details:
1. Received it last 18 March 2022. Where it is estimated to arrive 21 March 2022. After place order last 8 March 2022. Surprisingly it took only 10 days. Despite it comes directly from China. 
2. I need to do some setting before I can use the laptop last 22 March 2022. Where I choose to use Windows 10 instead of option to upgrade to Windows 11.
I also notice that I have to lock the laptop first before set it to sleep. If not, others would easily able to access my laptop.
Very fast charging to full battery within 30 minutes. Since it use 95 W charger/adapter.
3. Based on my experience after using laptop Dell Latitude E6330 since last March 2013.
I still prefer the ordering in Dell. As able to custom order laptop as per your work requirement.

Based on 23 March 2022, morning:
In order to use Microsoft Office, I need to use my @live account. If not, I can only use it for 5 days only. Basically everything needs to sync online to use. It does makes me feel like fossil when doing all these activation steps. Hopefully able to keep up with the latest procedure in backing up my new laptop after this. I do make documentation on steps I take for activation and use this new laptop. My standard operation procedure (SOP). I do prefer doing it as it is much easier to refer to next time. Such trivial step helps a lot for me. Especially when multi tasking and use new device next time. All depends on personal preference on their procedure. Since my steps always considered excessive for others to do so.

23 March 2022, 4 pm:
After chat with a colleague who is currently working in Intel. I am able to understand that I choose Lenovo from gaming laptop since it is lightweight. 1.4 kg. Suitable for travel work. Especially when at current age near to bronze category. 

Until then, have fun in using good laptop with good processor that suits your work needs.

Reference:

No comments:

Post a Comment