Links

Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Part of steps taken to recover control of my laptop after being held ransom by BitLocker lock

This is taken on the morning of 26 September 2022. I have been held ransom due to a BitLocker lock on my laptop. I accidentally activate it while using my Dual Drive USB Type-C on the laptop. This is after going out for lunch break last 22 September 2022😞. 
The look of OneDrive folder after successfully login in using my UTM account. 
Despite such, I am still unable to use my laptop until 8.46 pm. I am truly grateful for my rusty recovery-up laptop skills. Basically, it took me 12 hours for today to reach this sweet stage of achievement.
Finally able to download Lenovo USB Recovery Creator for my Lenovo ThinkBook laptop.
I do spend RM 70 to purchase a 64 GB pendrive to make bootable Lenovo USB Recovery. And it is worth every single cent spend. As it saves me from more which can easily lead to RM 200 if I send it out to a professional. Which will take them less than 2 hours time compared to me. But since I am tight on money and able to spare my time, I decided to do it all myself. Me of being stingy to the maximum.
The moral of the story is please keep a copy of your work on your portable hard disk. I am still working on buying a 4 TB portable hard disk to back up all my research works. Hopes this will help others in solving their BitLocker issue. I have successfully disabled and decrypted for good from my precious Lenovo ThinkBook laptop. Enough experiencing it once. It is not fun at all.
Until then, have fun documenting your steps by steps taken to recover your laptop after the BitLocker lock.

No comments:

Post a Comment