Links

Saturday, June 15, 2019

My lighting setup to apply make up after Zohor prayer.

This is taken after Zohor prayer of 24 May 2019.
This is taken using lighting assistance from my 26 cm/10 inch ring light [1]. Under medium mode of white lighting.

Can see that my face is too off white in the taken selfie.

This is taken using medium mode of warm white setting.
The selfie is more natural looking than white setting lighting.
Both pictures taken under arm length distance.
And I was near the window but I did not turn on the room lights at all that time.

The look of the packed 26 cm/10 inch ring light in my daily make up bag. I do think I need to make dedicated pouch for the ring light to protect it from dust and rain water when commuting in daily basis.
The setup for make up application in prayer room. I am using the free 26 cm stand here. I think would be nice to use at least 58 cm stand when sitting on the floor for this kind of sitting on the floor level application.
The look of the setup when the light is turned on.
I am using my unbreakable 11 cm x 6 cm mirror. Where I put it in the middle of the ring light. It just fit nicely in the phone holder.
For the lighting, I used mode medium in white light setting during my make up application. As mode high in the lighting is too bright for close up usage. 
It was just an experiment that I conduct to see whether it is practical or not to bring my 26 cm/10 inch ring light for daily basis. For sure, you will need to be muka tebal (thick skinned) person if want to use it in public place like prayer room. Since it will look too much for a person who applied very simple make up look in daily basis. Like today is off day in Johor. Basically no people in the prayer room when I am using it. That is why I dare to make experiment.
I normally used my mini LED light and my 24 LEDs ring light [1]. That also have attract few people attention. But it fits nicely in my daily make up bag. Also light weight and more practical to bring in daily basis.
I do feel that the lighting aid from 26 cm/10 inch ring light does helps very much for me to apply very smooth, non patchy, non streaky and non cakey make up application. As the light covers well the surface of my whole big face.

Verdict:
Pros:
  • Able to get very smooth, even make up application. 
  • Better for long sighted person like me as I need to use at less than 7 cm mirror distance for make up application and lense application. 
  • Good selfie lighting. 
  • Portable and can bring for travel if necessary. 

Cons:
  • Size too big and bulky. Quite heavy after at into my existing make up bag. As need to bring along its stand for better usage. Not convenient for daily usage outside house. 

I definitely will only use it in my personal room only.

Till then, have fun in applying make up with the lighting aid from your ring light or others.

References:
[1] Unboxing my 26 cm/10 inch led ring light last 23 May 2019 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/06/unboxing-my-26-cm10-inch-ring-light.html
[2] Comparison between my mini LED and 24 LEDs ring light last 23 November 2018 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/11/comparison-mini-led-with-ring-light.html

No comments:

Post a Comment