Links

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

The look of stingless bee roaming on my rose flower.

This is taken last 19 June 2019. Where I saw 1 stingless bee hovering aroundy blooming rose flower. 
What I could identify is it has:
  • Black eyes with orange outer layer. 
  • Black legs. 
  • Orange wing tip. 
  • Orange stomach. 
It is either Tetragonilla atripes or Geniotrigona thoracica based on the above criterias. Still do not know much on stingless bee to be able to identify it easily. 

Video of the stingless bee move around my rose flower.
Hopefully I am able to get some help in identifying this species of stingless bee. Unfortunately I do not know any expert especially an entomologist to assist in identification process.

I am really pleased to see such good pollinators in my house compound. I do feel worth my effort in taking care of my plants via organic approach. As I am able to preserve and protect the existing biological ecosystem.
Till then,  have fun in taking pictures and videos of stingless bee around your house compound.

Update on 19 June 2019, 9.48 pm:
It is from species Tetragonula (Tetragonilla) atripes. Information from one expert in stingless bee group.

Reference :
[1] Other type of stingless bees that is smaller and all black on my banana flowers last 13 June 2019 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/06/the-look-of-2-stingless-bee-roaming.html

No comments:

Post a Comment