Links

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Making kerepek pisang (banana chips) from my harvested organic pisang tanduk (banana) fruits.

I manage to make kerepek pisang (banana chips) out of my organic pisang tanduk (banana) fruits in the evening of 20 June 2019. After harvest the fruits last evening of 18 June 2019 [1].
Able to get 1 and half of tall container from 2 and half my organic pisang tanduk (banana) fruits.
Left container: 24 cm (H) x 14 cm (W), right container: 26 cm (H) x 14 cm (W).
Cooking process: slicing the pisang tanduk (banana) using my mandolin slicer [2] 


Packing process.

Left container: 24 cm (H) x 14 cm (W), middle and right container: 26 cm (H) x 14 cm (W).
I am able to get 3 tall container of 1,353 gm of kerepek pisang tanduk (banana chips) from almost 2.4 kg organic pisang tanduk (banana) fruits. Can consider a successful first attempt.
It is not easy as it seems to be. Now I am under back ache and feet ache due to almost 3 hours standing for the process. It was quite a long time since it is my first time. Quite scary also using the slicer to slice the pisang tanduk (banana) fruits immediately into the frying pan. As the slicer is very sharp. Need to be very careful in the process. It is a very good experience.
I do feel that people who make and sell home made kerepek pisang tanduk (banana chips) deserve a respect and recognition on their effort.
Now I am proud for being able to have a product of my own. Which is home made organic kerepek pisang tanduk (banana chips). After plant it myself (farmer), harvest it myself (supplier), then process it myself (production). A complete production cycle on my own. Pretty impressive with myself for such complete achievement despite my energy and time is quite limited.
Till then, have fun in making your own kerepek pisang (banana chips) at home.

References:
[1] Harvesting my 12 unit pisang tanduk (banana) fruits last evening of 18 June 2019 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/06/harvesting-my-pisang-tanduk-banana.html
[2] My mandolin slicer last 10 March 2018 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/03/my-additional-kitchen-assist-tools-to.html

No comments:

Post a Comment