Links

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Bubbles in my kombucha brew and scoby.

This is taken in the morning of 10 July 2019. I am able to see bubbles in my kombucha brew and scoby. After last leave the scoby in scoby hotel 11 May 2019. Seems like after 60 days, the scoby still in good condition.
The scoby looks oddly small and round in this new large jar๐Ÿ‘†๐Ÿ‘†๐Ÿ‘†. Commented by one of my colleague when seeing this picture. As that person never take care a scoby. So did not know why it looks like that. Where the explanation follow as below๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡.
Such odd size happens as last time I used small cookies glass container to brew the kombucha [1]. The cookies glass container is around 10 cm in diameter [1]. The new large jar is around 16 cm in diameter and square in shape. That is why can see the huge difference. The scoby will reproduce new layer following the size of the used container it resides in.
Will update later the look of new scoby layer in the new large container.
I do clean up very well the scoby before I place them in new brewed kombucha tea for first fermentation. The kombucha tea from scoby hotel is used to water my pisang tanduk (banana) plant at home. I do make sure to dilute the solution before use it on my plants. To avoid over acidity level to my soil and plants.
Balance of the scobies that I discard due to their condition, I keep them soaked to be use in watering my plants later.
Till then, have fun in taking care of your scoby in their scoby hotel.

Reference:
[1] The look of new scoby layer in small cookies glass container last 7 April 2019 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/04/the-pretty-look-of-my-new-scoby-after-7.html

No comments:

Post a Comment