Links

Saturday, July 27, 2019

Unwrapping my 160 LEDs video light.

Just manage to received the parcel of my video light last noon of 13 June 2019. At the 4th delivery attempt by courier.
I choose this video light from Andoer as it comes with battery and battery charger within the package. So far the best deal for the price range of my budget.
Testing the lighting from the video light. Do forgive my oily face. Been busy finishing up works to notice such matter.
Under lowest light setting, no filter.
Under highest light setting, no filter.

Under highest light setting, purple filter.
Under highest light setting, yellow filter.
Under highest light setting, white filter
Again under highest light setting, no filter

I have to adjust the lighting angle so that it would not show much the square video light reflections on my spectacles. Basically need to be creative to get the desired pictures.

Comparison with light from my mini LED light [1].

Can see the light from video light is brighter and shine evenly on my face compare to mini LED light.

Unwrapping the parcel:

The look of the bag containing video light and its accessories.

3 filters that come with the set: white, purple and yellow.
The full battery level indicator of 4 red LEDs.
The look of the battery charger under light assist from the video light.
Testing the battery charger by plugging it into power socket. Can see the green light that indicate the functionality of the empty charger.
The charger led turned red when battery is plug into the charger.
The video light weigh 407 gm with battery NP F770 and hot shoe ball head.
Total weight of the bag complete with the received video light, battery, battery charger, 3 filters, manual, hot shoe ball head is 736 gm.
Size: 13.3 cm x 9.3 cm x 4.2 cm.

I place order last 30 May 2019. Basically it took almost 14 days to be delivered to me.

The screenshot of the delivery attempt since 10 June 2019. Which I received the parcel noon of 13 June 2019. I am satisfied the parcel received in good condition and it works perfectly.

Product specifications :
  • Brand: Andoer.
  • LED beads: 160 pieces.
  • CRI :>=85.
  • Power: 10.5 W.
  • Voltage: 7.5 V.
  • Center Luminous Flux : 1150LM.
  • Colour temperature : 5600K.
  • Filter colour: White/Yellow/Purple.
  • Light size : 13.3 cm x 9.3 cm x 4.2 cm.
  • Light weight : 276.5 g (with battery).
  • Package list: 1 x NPF770 battery, 3 x filter, 1 x battery charger, 1 x adapter and 1 x user manual (English/Chinese).

First impression:
Pros:
  • Gives very bright and even lighting for my indoor selfie. In my test range of 15 to 30 cm from video light to my face of arm length and under brightest light setting. Better than my 26 cm/10 inch ring light [2].
  • Gives better natural light finish compare to my mini LED light and  ring light with 24 LEDs [3,4]. 
  • Loves the package with battery and battery charger.
  • 28 gm lighter than my 26 cm/10 inch ring light [2].
  • Almost 2 times smaller in dimension than my 26 cm/10 inch ring light [2]. Which means save more space for travel.
  • More portable than my existing 26 cm/10 inch ring light for outdoor shooting [2]. 
Cons:
  • No power adapter port for direct power usage if want to use direct power supply. But have alternative to use 6 AA batteries to powered it up as back up. 
  • Quite a weight for my daily commute. Need time to get used to its weight for one hand usage.  
  • Quite thick and bulky design. 
  • Did not have cover to protect the LEDs. But the provided hard case bag able to keep it safe. 
Will need more time testing it in various condition and weather to know more. Also need to do test how long the battery will last after fully charge. Time needed to fully charged drained battery.
Will update later the test result.
Eventually, it is all up to the buyer themselves on the specifications and budget price for the video light that they need.
As for me, the price justify my budget price and usage at this moment. The bright and evenly spread light performance does compensate with its heavy weight and thick size. It is convenient enough for me to use to take pictures of my plants and myself in dim places.
Till then, have fun in using video light to assist your photography activities later.

References:
[1] My review on mini LED light last 21 November 2018 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/11/my-review-on-new-mini-led-light.html
[2] Unboxing my 26 cm/10 inch ring light last 23 May 2019 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/06/unboxing-my-26-cm10-inch-ring-light.html
[3] Review of my mini LED light https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/11/my-review-on-new-mini-led-light.html
[4] Comparison between my mini ED light and ring light with 24 LEDs https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/11/comparison-mini-led-with-ring-light.html

No comments:

Post a Comment