Links

Monday, August 27, 2018

The look of escargot or giant snails at my home and my gardening companion's home.

Compilation of escargot or giant snails at my home and my gardening companion's home [1].
These pictures taken by my gardening companion's in his home last 18 December 2017.
The abundance of escargot or giant snail babies.

Taken last 18 December 2017.
These pictures is taken last 24 March 2018 in my house.
Taken last 8 April 2017. The baby escargots is in my turmeric plant polybag.

These pictures taken by my gardening companion's in his home last 13 August 2018.

About escargot or giant snails from wikipedia [1]:
Lissachatina fulica is a species of large land snail that belongs in the family Achatinidae. It is also known as the giant African snail or giant African land snail.
This snail species has been considered a significant cause in pest issues around the world. Internationally, it is the most frequently occurring invasive species of snail.
Outside of its native range, this snail thrives in many types of habitat in areas with mild climates. It feeds voraciously and is a vector for plant pathogens, causing severe damage to agricultural crops and native plants. It competes with native snail taxa, is a nuisance pest of urban areas, and spreads human disease. This snail is listed as one of the top 100 invasive species in the world.


References: 
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lissachatina_fulica#cite_note-gisd-1
[2] The look of invasive escargot or giant snail in my home last 24 November 2017 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2017/11/siput-babi-yang-bermaharajalela-di.html

No comments:

Post a Comment