Links

Friday, August 3, 2018

The look of my organic mulberry harvest today.

I manage to harvest 4 unit of my organic mulberry fruits this evening. After send off betel leaves (daun sirih) to one of my neighbor [3].
My thick or concentrated (pekat) dark green in colour of betel leaves (daun sirih).

This is from the mulberry tree that I plant near my lemon tree [1].
The length of the mulberry fruits is almost exceed the first inner segment of my fingers. When put them from my palm.
Since this mulberry fruits is still not ripe enough, it taste like the sourness of small Java apple (jambu air kecil) [2].
Average weight per mulberry fruits is around 0.74 gm.
The measured length mulberry fruits. Most of them almost exceed 2 cm in length.



I know later there will be people who like to point out that my harvest is too little. But good enough for me as long as my crops is fresh and free from chemical pesticide and fertilizer. The best part for me is that I am able to eat my mulberry fruits after washing them under tap water since it is organic. No need to do much since it is chemical freem
A little goes a long way for someone who only have less time to spare to tend after my plants in daily basis. Where most of the time I am able to spare is around 10 to 30 minutes only in weekly basis. Either before going to work or after reach home from work. For me, I do my gardening activity whenever I have time to spare. It is not my main activity since I am also working for my earning.
Which is not fair to compare me with someone who manage to spend 30 minutes to 1 hour time in daily basis for their gardening activity. It is far from comparing apple to apple kind of things. Plus I am using my home made organic fertilizer. Where I normally used my kitchen waste and also dried leaves. Basically all the waste fully utilized in my home. At this moment less fruits production since the organi c fertilizer formula still in experimental stage. Lets spread the positive attitude and awareness by respecting information that other posted on their crops and harvest than comparing their outcome with yours which may able produce more output or fruits. Since too many tangible and intangible factors would contribute to less production or growth. At least give some credit to the person that already put effort and spare their precious time to grow their own crops. Since not all people able to do so. Like me, I have even give gardening consultation services for my close friends. Especially when they plant the same with what I have at home.
I prefer to make update in my blog so that my fellow gardening able to get some idea. Where they also could enjoy fresh harvest if they are willing to spend at least 10 to 30 minutes per daily basis.
Also a way for me to keep track the growth of my mulberry fruits. As I like to try and error different organic home made fertilizer. In order to get optimum result, which is bigger and longer size of mulberry fruits. Also continuous mulberry fruit supplies in daily, weekly and yearly basis. I prefer quality than quantity in my experiment. Would varies with different people in their gardening objective and goals.

Till then, have fun in measure the length and weight of your mulberry fruits before devour them😉. 

References:
[1] The look of mulberry fruits near my lemon tree last 31 July 2018 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/07/the-look-of-mulberry-fruit-buds-today.html
[2] Scientific name for Java apple is Syzygium_samarangense https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syzygium_samarangense
[3] Difference between betel (sirih) leaf and piper sarmentosum (kaduk) leaf https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/07/the-look-of-new-asparagus-shoots-this.html

No comments:

Post a Comment