Links

Saturday, August 4, 2018

3 unit of my organic asparagus harvest and few of other plants today.

It is to see that the asparagus plants that I replant last 22 July 2018 already produce quite thick new shoots that is good enough to be taken for consumption [1]. I decided to harvest them for my super food snacks as I need extra boost to recover from inhaling open burning smokes yesterday.
The look 3 of the organic asparagus shoots.
The longest is almost 14 cm long. Second one around 9.5 cm and last one around 9 cm.


Diameter each of the asparagus shoots is around 0.2 to 0.3 cm.

The look of the asparagus shoots before harvest.


Those asparagus taste sweet and fresh. Normally the asparagus bought at the shop taste bitter or slightly bitter. It is quite an achievement and pleasure for me to be able to enjoy self grown organic asparagus at home. Where I could just cut the asparagus shoots myself and eat whenever I wanted to. Worth my effort and time spend in taking care of them. Things that makes me happy and look forward to do whenever I am on my way back home from work, daily.

The look of grafted mulberry cuttings to my existing mulberry tree. I manage to make 2 grafts of White Taiwan mulberry and 3 grafts of Taiwan Red Long mulberry. Cuttings credited to one of my fellow gardening friend who is being generous to provide such rare and high value mulberry type cuttings to me. I am grateful for such generous gift from him😉. Hopefully the grafted cuttings able to grow well.


Hopefully all the grafting able to grow well. As the White Taiwan mulberry taste as sweet as honey to my taste😋. 

The look of my existing mulberry plants (kampung type) at home with abundance mulberry fruit buds.


 The look of leaves from the planted mulberry cuttings.
This one even have one fruit buds on it.
The look of planted black lemuni cuttings.


Each cuttings already grow leaves. Which means that they successfully germinated and able to be planted in permanent station by 2 more weeks.

For those who wanted to plant asparagus, can contact me for further details. As the new shoots coming from the one that I have stock at home, can be eaten after it come out. For those who wanted to know more on caring method for asparagus plant, can discuss with me for consultation session.

For those who are interested to get their hands on mulberry cuttings that already got fruits and ready to be planted in their home, can contact me also.

Till then, have fun in tending after your plants at home😉.

Reference:

No comments:

Post a Comment