Links

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Replacing compact fluorescent lamp in my ground floor toilet

This is taken last 27 July 2020. The compact fluorescent lamp died last night of 19 July 2020 while my companion bathing in the toilet. I use my 10 steps ladder to take out the compact fluorescent lamp and store it in a container. Which is easier and safer for me to bring it along to lamp shop to buy same model as replacement unit. As precaution, I do make sure to turn off the main circuit breaker (MCB) before I start climbing my 10 steps ladder to take the compact fluorescent lamp out from its socket. Better safe than never.
The old compact fluorescent lamp replaced last 15 July 2018. Based on the warranty sticker on it.


The new compact fluorescent lamp with warranty sticker dated 23 July 2020.


The look of the box to the compact fluorescent lamp.


This is the second time I have change the light to my ground floor toilet. Despite the low usage of it and written up to 4 years of usage. Still it is a good type of my toilet light. As much easier to trouble shoot compare this compact fluorescent lamp to lampu kalimantang (fluorescent tube lamp) [1]. As need to check 2 parts for lampu kalimantang (fluorescent tube lamp). Which is the tube and the starter.
I am glad to have 10 steps ladder bought in the first year residing in the house. Really helpful in my self repair works, cleaning the ceiling and changing the curtains.
Pictures taken using Samsung J7 Prime phone with light assist from my 180 LEDs video light.
Till then, have fun in safely replacing your compact fluorescent lamp at home.

Reference:
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluorescent_lamp

No comments:

Post a Comment