Links

Thursday, September 20, 2018

The look purslane at home.

At first I thought this plant is rose japan plant. After it grow bigger and no flower like rose japan, I happen to know that this is called purslane [1]. Purslane binomial name is Portulaca oleracea[1].
Purslane leaves on left, rose japan leaves on right.


The look of the purslane seeds in the middle.
Pictures taken using my Samsung J7 Prime phone. This phone camera still very good despite its slow focus. As the fly on the plant leaf on top picture is clearly taken.
The leaves of purslane does resembles a lot one of my rose japan plant.
Bottom part is the rose japan plant while purslane plant is on top. Can see that their leaves does resembles each other. Despite purslane leaves is bigger in size.

Fortunately my practise in letting the unknown plant grow bigger does give benefit. As I am able to identify such nutritious plant that able to be eaten raw😋. My main criteria on plants that I grow at home. Since I am able to consume them raw.
I have start eaten the purslane leaves since Wednesday. It does have slight sour taste. Still edible and acceptable for me. Since it have abundance of nutrition [1].

Till then, have fun in identifying the unknown plant that grow at home😉.

References:
[1] Purslane binomial name is Portulaca oleracea https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portulaca_oleracea
[2] My rose japan plant where the leaves similar to purslane leaves https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/04/rose-japan-scientific-name-and-its.html

No comments:

Post a Comment