Links

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Planting activity this evening for area outside lab.

We started the planting activity quite late in the evening. Around 6.15 pm plus. As we are running few errands outside UTM area first.
Start off with kuini plant [1].
Kuini is a type of mango that emits very fragrant smell when it ripes [1]. This germinated by my boss.
Carefully take out the mango plant from its polybag.
We do it such way so that we are able to recyle and use back the polybag for replanting other plants.
Collecting the ashes from last week gotong royong activity by faculty.
Manage to scoop quite a lot of ashes in our medium size polybag, diameter around 1.5 feet.
Use the ashes for the mango plant. This is germinated by me at home.
I am planting the last banana tree, pisang lemak manis type. 
This is from the pisang lemak manis offspring in my home [2].
Adding my organic fertilizer on the base of the hole.
Add fertilized soil.
My boss compacting the soil around the planted pisang lemak manis.
He is doing so in order to ensure the plant won't topple down to the ground if being hit by strong wind.
Taking out my bunga butang (globe amaranth) plant from its bottle pot. 
I am trying to plant flower as companion plant to the fruit trees. In order to attract more good insects for pollination later.
The clear look of the full roots in the bottle pot.
Adding my organic fertilizer to this pisang tanduk plant.
This pisang tanduk offspring also comes from my house.
Add the ashes to the pisang tanduk plant.
There are 3 branches from this mango plant of mine.
I grow this mango plant from the mango seeds that I eat last time. Where the seed of this mango is very thin and thick flesh.
I have marked the planted plants this evening.
So that able to recall later the arrangement of plants planted this evening. Since we do not have time to make name tag for the plants.
Fortunately we remember to water the plants before leaving the area. Despite the sound of thunder rumbling. As it does not rain at all.
It is not an easy task. But it is possible to be done. For me personally, it is a good exercise of activity in giving back to society.

Till then, have fun planting edible organic plants outside your workplace😉.

References:
[1] Kuini https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mangifera_odorata
[2] The pretty fat look of my pisang lemak manis fruits at home https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/09/the-look-of-my-pisang-lemak-manis.html
[3] The look of the plants before planting process later in the evening https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/09/the-look-of-plants-for-this-evening.html
[4] The look of plants taken from both of my house and my boss for planting process this evening https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/09/the-look-of-plants-for-this-evening.html
[5] The gotong royong in digging holes last 30 August 2018 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/08/gotong-royong-communal-works-to-dig-up.html
[6] Organic pest control using sprayer with pressure system https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/10/spray-bottle-with-pressure-system-good.html

No comments:

Post a Comment