Links

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Home cooked nasi lemak and sambal daging for brunch today.

I manage to make nasi lemak and sambal daging (spicy beef) for my brunch today. I used my organic home grown chili for my sambal daging.
The packed food container in lab.

Overview of the nasi lemak and sambal daging.


Close up of my nasi lemak.

Close up on my sambal daging with flash.

Close up on my sambal daging without flash.
The sambal daging (spicy beef) end up to be spicy beef soup as I used extra 100 ml water in the dish😅. Lesson learned well. The sambal daging (spicy beef) also taste well balance enough for the spiciness level. I think even smaller kids able to tolerate  the spiciness level of my sambal daging (spicy beef).
The pretty look of my organic chili plant in small pot.



Close up on my chili plant.

Close up on the red and pretty look of my organic chili.
The weight of the container is 22 gm.

The weight of the harvested chili is 17 gm for 20 pieces of chili.
There is no picture of the plated food as I am so hungry after plating the food. As I put everything in my cooker, leave it and start tending after my plants. Regardless, I am satisfied with the taste of my home cooked meal. Despite I improvised as no cili giling (chili paste) available at home and used chili sauce instead.
I am using the fresh daging korban (beef meat) from Aidil Adha. It still taste good and sweet. I end up not using any sugar at all in my sambal daging. The meat does taste tender despite only cooked within 30 minutes. Really worth to cook beef in pressure cooker.
I even add 4 apple mint leaves, 4 rosemary leaves, 1 small lemongrass and kuchai in my sambal daging. I do not have enough energy to dig out my turmeric to use for this dish. Basically only garlic, red onions, beef and chili sauce not grown and made by me😊.
I am the type that measure everything when I cook. So that I could get the same outcome and consistency each time I cook. I am not a big fan on main agak-agak (estimation or assumption) style of cooking.
My cooking concept is these 3 steps.
That is  :

  1. To measure (sukat) , 
  2. To throw (campak) and 
  3. To leave (tinggal) it cook in the cooker. 
But the most important thing is to use correct tool to cook. Pressure cooker is my holy grail or ultimate tool for cooking😁. Especially to get tender cooked meat and fast cooked meal. I am able to achieve it less that 30 minutes today. Now I understand why my Mum's cooking consistent everytime she cooks. As she does measure her ingredients using her dedicated spoon, cups and etc.. Like me, I do prefer to use my set of measurement spoons and cups, digital scale and measurement jug. I like to get exact measurement especially when I am baking and cooking.
I even have my own formula and  equation whenever I get less or more main ingredients. So that I can balance the rest of the ingredients to compliment the main ingredients. Maybe  after this I should come out with cooking algorithm😆.
Till then, have fun in cooking using the ingredients that being grown at home.

Update 3.40 pm:
Overview of the plated food.

Close up on the spicy beef.
Can see how tender the meat is😋. Should make video of me slicing the tender meat using spoon and fork next time.
One Master student from Bangladesh even eager to try cook nasi lemak and sambal daging.
She asked me the recipe for my nasi lemak and sambal daging. She even have went to buy the coconut milk in box after received my recipe by 4.25 pm. As she have taste nasi lemak before and love it very much.
It does feel nice to be able to inspired foreigner to try cook Malaysian local dish. I am honoured with such request.

Update 8.55 pm:
I eat the sambal daging with roti canai and  bread from small packed bread loaf Gardenia.

Me and my labmate have ate it for early tea break before meeting 4.30 pm. Still left almost 4 to 5 pieces of beef meat even after my dinner. Planned to keep it for my fried rice tomorrow morning.

Reference:
[1] My set of measurement spoons and cups for my cooking activity https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/03/my-favorite-set-of-measurement-spoons.html

No comments:

Post a Comment