Links

Sunday, March 18, 2018

My favorite set of measurement/measuring spoons that also consist of measurement/measuring cups

Last time I do solely rely on a normal kitchen scale, measurement/measuring jug, and measurement/measuring spoons. But after I found the 8 pieces set of mixed measurement spoons and cups, I no longer use the normal set of measurement spoons and jugs. As the 8 pieces set had enough measurements that I needed for my daily cooking usage.
For the 4 pieces measurement/measuring spoon part:
1) 1/4 tbs = 1.25 ml
2) 1/2 tbs = 2.5 ml
3) 1 tbs = 5 ml
4) 1 Tbs = 15 ml

For the 4 pieces measurement/measuring cup part:
1) 1/4 cup = 60 ml
2) 1/2 cup = 120 ml
3) 2/3 cup = 185 ml
4) 1 cup = 255 ml
Can see how the measurement is marked clearly in the measurement spoons.
To be frank, I do suggest for beginner use this kind of measurement spoon and cup set. As it does really helps me at the beginning of my journey starting to bake cakes and now cooking home-cooked meals. Plus, it is easier to bring for travel.
I am able to get perfectly cooked rice when I use a ratio of 2 water: 1 rice. And it is easier to achieve when I am using the measurement/measuring cup from the set. Including when I cook rice for my cats. If not, I am unable to control the amount of rice cooked for 1 person or even 3 person consumption. No more need to guess (or agak-agak) using your 6th sense. That is where accuracy and mathematics come in handy in order to get consistent cooking outcomes every time I cook😉. Or I usually will say, applied science in cooking😍.
For intermediate cooks and bakers, I would suggest for you use at least a digital kitchen scale with at least 1 gm accuracy [1]. Would be better with 0.01 gm accuracy of digital scale for herbs [2]. This would really help when you are selling the cakes that you bake. As you will be able to sell the consistent weight of the baked cake. Which my brother no 8 did not have. That makes him weigh his cooked chocolate cake after it is baked and cut it so that the weight of every cake is the same. Where such things could be avoided if he measure correctly the dough and then put it in the baking mold. 
I have been looking for such 8 pieces measurement set last week. But seems like it is no longer in production. Well, I might need to stick with my digital kitchen scale after this.
Till then, have fun cooking at home.

Reference:
[1] The look of my 1 gm accuracy digital kitchen scale of maximum 5 kg https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/04/the-look-my-good-kitchen-scale-that.html
[2] The look of my 0.01 gm accuracy digital scale of maximum 200 gm https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.my/2017/12/my-new-and-precise-digital-weighing.html

No comments:

Post a Comment