Links

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

My consultation service on UPU course selection for SPM 2018.

Last night, I accompany my girlfriend to help give UPU course consultation to her nephew. As usual my opinion is highly towards to electronics engineering field. my background is from Electronics Engineering, majoring in Computer from UTM last August 2007 [1].
Initial look of dicussion after food.

The listed course selection based from option listed in UPU online system.
I do asked her nephew to make list of the selected course especially the requirement and what subjects need to be taken throughout the whole program. 
As I told him that it is much easier to know and see whether he like or not subjects within the chosen program. Also easier for him to justify his selection to his Mother and Aunty.
Quite easy for me to give consultation to my girlfriend's nephew. As he is from science stream and get abundance of A in his core subjects. Plus he does like engineering due to his involvement in Lego robotics competition early 2018.
Nowadays much easier that mine last 2001. As I am unable to know the basic requirement of my selection and subjects needed to be taken within the whole selected program. Basically my time last time like gambling. Just select based on my matriculation result and hope to be accepted. Fortunately I get my first choice. That is Computer Engineering in UTM Skudai in 2001.
To be honest, I am quite surprised to see that UTM diploma courses is not listed in the UPU online selection.
Then I was informed that UTM take direct intake [2]. A privilage as research university (RU). However, the study fees is twice more than other university.
The look of my girlfriend rearranging the courses that I have helped her nephew choose.

The look of almost end of discussion.
For me, my girlfriend's nephew is very lucky to have caring Aunty that did put lots of effort to assist him choose wisely for his future. I did even make aptitude test for him last time we met 25 November 2018. Not long after he finished his SPM exam. At least he already have result from his aptitude test as reference after get SPM result last 14 March 2019.
My boss is going to make talk regarding  UPU online course selection next coming 30 March 2019 in School of Electrical Engineering, UTM Skudai. As last date to submit the UPU online course selection is before 11.59 pm of 2 April 2019. Refer to image below๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡.
Till then, be extra careful in selecting courses in UPU online system. As your future lies base on that selection.

References:
[1] My degree certificate in Electronics Engineering, major in Computer from UTM last August 2007 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/p/my-degree-certificate-in-computer.html
[2] New info on asasi UTM
9.When and where can I submit the application?

Prospective students can approach the UTM School of Professional and Continuing Education (UTMSPACE) to make enquiries or apply for the UTM Foundation Programme. The students can also apply online through the UTMSPACE website.
https://www4.utmspace.edu.my/foundation/
[3] Emphasizing the negative (-ve) supply compare to high demand of engineering field based on survey done by MDEC and Frost & Sullivan last 2018 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/03/my-review-on-malaysia-digital-gap-in.html
[4] Seminar on course selection for UPU online system this coming 30 March 2019 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/03/seminat-bagi-pemilihan-kursus-dalam.html

No comments:

Post a Comment