Links

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

My review on Malaysia digital gap in fresh graduates supply and demand in 2020 graph.

I manage to get graph below on Malaysia digital gap in fresh graduate supply and demand in 2020. This graph is done last 2017 by MDEC with Frost & Sullivan.
Can see hereπŸ‘†πŸ‘†πŸ‘† how many demand and supply for engineering field. Which is mostly -ve (negative)
The graph also shows that demand is more than supply especially for graduated students in engineering field.
As for business studies, more supply of graduated students than demand from industry. Which leads to massive unemployment for graduated students from business studies. Then they will start blaming the government for unemployment regardless it is their decision to take business studies to their target to easy score in the field of studies.
From this survey report also, can see that industry prefered 3 from 13 Institutes of Higher Learning (IHLs). Which is:
  1. Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
  2. Tuanku Abdul Rahman University College (TAR UC)
  3. Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)

From the survey also can see that 99% students from engineering faculty accepted for industrial training or internship.
You have the right to refuse non engineering course offer. It is not like you will be kill if not accepting it. This is Malaysia, not IraqπŸ˜…πŸ˜†.

Yes I know people will normally advised to take the course that you are interested with. But I strongly feel no point to pursue your field of interest when it will end up with unempoyment after graduated. That is such a waste of time, money and effort. Not to mention the effect to your psychology after that. That is why I prefer prevention than cure method.
Like me personally, I last time did set appointment and consult counsellor after get my SPM and Matriculation results. I also asked my relatives who works as engineers and have the experience to study overseas.
I also glad to put on effort and fight my right to apply my choice of engineering course last time. Despite my Mum strongly wanted me to be in education field. As it turned out I make a very thorough and wise decision after consulting consellor and engineers in practise. Cause my Mum is no engineer nor have any experience in engineering field and area. That is why it is very important to consult people who are expert and have experience in engineering field. Worth all my effort for being a fighter. As I a strong believer that I am the one who will bear to all the consequences in my life decision making instead of others. As I am the one living on my life no matter what others say and so-called-cared (my subtle term for extra nosy people) to help decide.

Also we have tips and techniques for non science stream student who wanted to take engineering course. Which will be unveiled in our talk on UPU course online selection this coming 30 March 2019.
Can choose either morning or noon session.
Morning session: 9 am till 12 pm.
Evening session: 2 pm till 5 pm.
Venue: VeCad laboratory in block P04, School of Electrical Engineering.
Fee: RM 50 per student. 25 students only per session. First come first serve basis.
Can text/whatsapp/Telegram me for more details at 0167707527 (Nurul).

I have even put effort making simple flowchart for course selection last November 2018 [6].

Till then, please be extra careful in your UPU course online selection.

References:
[1] My UPU course online selection service to my girlfriend's nephew last 18 March 2019 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/03/my-consultation-service-on-upu-course.html
[2] Pengarah program SKEL, Prof. Madya Dr. Nasrul Humaimi Mahmood, berkata, UTM sentiasa komited dalam memastikan kebolehpasaran graduan. Kajian pengesanan graduan yang dijalankan oleh Sekolah Kejuruteraan Elektrik pada tahun 2018 menunjukkan 97% daripada alumni program SKEL telah bekerja, atau melanjutkan pelajaran ke peringkat yang lebih tinggi, setelah menamatkan pengajian.
[3] Only three states recorded lower youth unemployment rates, namely Johor, Kuala Lumpur, and Kelantan.
Article published 4 May 2018
[4] Seminar on course selection for UPU online system this coming 30 March 2019 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/03/seminat-bagi-pemilihan-kursus-dalam.html
[5] Course electronics engineering and mechatronics engineering offered by School of Electrical Engineering (SKE), UTM Skudai
[6] Flowchart on course selection for UPU online system catering student SPM/STPM/Matriculation https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/11/career-and-courses-options-route-after.html
[7] My consultation reply to matriculation student regarding UPU online course selection last 22 March 2019 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/03/my-consultation-on-upu-online-course.html
[8] UTM Career Fair 16 to 17 April 2019.
Good place to gain information on what is company requirement for hiring.
So that after SPM holder/students could know whether the course they aim have job prospect or not later.
https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/04/utm-career-fair-2019.html

No comments:

Post a Comment