Links

Sunday, September 15, 2019

Cooking half boiled eggs in 2.5 liter pressure cooker.

It is taken this morning. My first attempt in making half boiled eggs using my 2.5 liter pressure cooker. I used 3 medium size eggs and 1/2 cup of water (50 ml). I use function keep warm for 31 minutes. It turns out well. Really satisfy my cravings for them.
Nicely half boiled eggs of mine.

The pretty look of the firm egg yolk.



The look of the egg yolk being cut into smaller portion.

Using function keep warm.
It is nice. Since I do not need to boil water, look after the them over the stove. I just put the water and eggs together in the pressure cooker. Close the lid. Then turn on the power, press function keep warm. At the same time, set and turn on your phone alarm for 31 minutes. Leave them to cook while you do your work/chores. Simple and easy.
I know this method of cooking takes longer time. But I am not in hurry. I am also able to finished few of my work/chores while it is cooking. Suits well for multi tasker like me.
I also think this cooking method suits those who are unwell yet want to cook their own meal since they are not fit to drive. Been there. Know it very well.
Till then, have fun in enjoying your half boiled eggs with 90% less effort compare to traditional way.

Reference:
[1] Dimensions and size comparison side by side with 6 liter Elba pressure cooker last 25 September 2019 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/09/my-review-of-25-liter-mini-pressure.html

12 comments:

  1. Your write up on Elba Intel. Pressure Cooker is a god send. For days I have been contemplating to get it or not knowing the fact my kitchen is small and figuring out where to store. However I bumped into this recipe using pressure cooker in YouTube on beef masala and looked up on the Elba customer review and saw your piece in customer review section. Cut short I am getting one today. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. Many thanks for the compliment dear. Glad to be able to help in your decision making. You will definitely love this gadget a lot like me😉.would appreciate if you could share later your experience using it😊. Have fun experimenting with your new pressure cooker 💪.

      Delete
  2. I saw yr feedback on Senheng. Do you mind to share the physical dimension of this cooker as I hv a very small kitchen top. Is there any loud noice during cooking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can refer this link for the dimension of the pressure cooker (24 cm H x 21 cm top diameter x 24 cm bottom diameter) and comparison side by side with 6 liter Elba pressure cooker https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/09/my-review-of-25-liter-mini-pressure.html .
      Only have some hissing sound in the early 2-3 minutes when its building up pressure.
      Hope it helps.

      Delete
  3. Hi are we able to make hotpot using this cooker? I'm just wondering if it is too big for 1 person use :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply.I have never make a hot pot using this cooker. But you can always try to experiment with it as I think it is possible.Since I am able to tumis (sauté) ingredients to make nasi goreng in it. Can close the lid to let it boil. But do not lock and let the pressure valve in release position
      https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2020/05/making-nasi-goreng-fried-rice-using-my.html

      Delete
    2. For your second question= just nice to be used for 1 person up till 4 person per cooking session. I use stacking technique when I cook for myself alone. Can refer to this link https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2020/05/my-iftar-food-steamed-rice-and-steamed.html

      Delete
  4. Hi Nurul, I saw your feedback in Senheng website. Do you mind sharing how to wash the Cover? Can it be removed for washing? I am interested to buy but needs to know the washing part. TQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply. Can just wash the whole top cover. Just make sure to detach the pressure valve and seal ring first. Then wash like washing normal rice cooker lid. After all dried up, then can assemble them back for storage. Maybe I should make entry in cleaning steps later if I have the time. Hope the instructions given able to give help as for now.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nurul, you talked about the outside dimensions of the 6L and 2.5L. do you know of the dimensions of the 2.5L inner pot. Thank you

    ReplyDelete