Links

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Freshly made bubur kacang hijau (sweet green beans porridge) today.

This is taken in the afternoon. I cook bubur kacang hijau (sweet green beans porridge) to ease my swollen throat and heating body. I add ginger in the porridge. To reduce body heat during this hot day.
It taste a lot nicer after adding more coconut milk and sugar.
I also add barley and sago to the porridge. Also spearmint leaves for fresher flavour.

My lab mate enjoys the cooked bubur kacang hijau (sweet green beans porridge) after it finished cook within 1 hour time.

The look of the cooked bubur kacang hijau (sweet green beans porridge). This portion able to cater 5 to 6 people till they full. Can cater up to 12 people if only for tea break food.

Cooking process. I used 6 liter pressure cooker Elba EPC 6000SS that is given for my lab usage [1]. I have use it to cook lots of things.
I am satisfied with the cooking process. Very simple and clear cut. Able to eat good food after an hour leave it cook in pressure cooker.
No need to even soak the green beans 1 to 4 hours before cooking. Some recipe asked for up to 24 hours. Some recipe even cook sugar+water separately from green beans+water. Once green beans is fully cooked, then can add the dissolved water into it. Where coconut milk is added last.
For this dish, I just wash clean the green beans and put all the ingredients together in the pressure cooker. Then leave it to cook. No longer need to stir the mixture every now  and then.
That is the beauty of cooking with pressure cooker. They helps to cut almost 60% compare to conventional cooking method via gas stove. With even 40% better cooking outcome.
Till then, have fun in cooking bubur kacang hijau (sweet green beans porridge) as your healing dish.

References:
[1] My review on 6 liter pressure cooker Elba EPC 6000SS https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/11/my-review-on-pressure-cooker-elba-epc.html
[2] My sharing on cooking using pressure cooker inspired my friend to buy and use one. She even manage to inspired her mother-in-law and sister-in-law in buying pressure cooker liker hers https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/09/my-sharing-on-elba-pressure-cooker.html

No comments:

Post a Comment