Links

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Making boiled kacang kuda (chickpeas) in 6 liter pressure cooker.

This is taken in the afternoon of 17 September 2019. I am making boiled kacang kuda (chickpeas) in 6 liter pressure cooker. Due to my sickness cravings, I just cook it in the lab. This is where I am very grateful that this pressure cooker being donated to my lab. Makes me able to satisfy my  food cravings without need to to wait until I reach home later in the evening.
I use timer 1.0 (equals to 1 hour time) under function tendon/bean in the 6 liter Elba EPC 6000SS pressure cooker to make sure the chickpeas cooked in tender condition [1]. Since the chickpeas is not soaked before it is cooked in the pressure cooker. Have to be creative in order to be able to eat tender chickpeas.

The look of the cooked chickpeas after 1 hour time. It is very tender and soft. I even able to finished 3 tasks of mine while letting it cook in pressure cooker.
The cooked chickpeas in full cup for colleague in next lab.

Close up on the tender cooked chickpeas.


The cooking process:
Total weight of the ingredients in the inner pot = 2,180 gm
2,180 gm is total weight of 500 gm chickpeas+1 inch water on top of the chickpeas+inner pot.
The look of the water = at 4 cups indicator in the inner pot.

Basic preset timer for tendon/bean = 0.5 = 30 minutes cooking time.

I use timer 1.0 = 1 hour cooking time.
The taste of the boiled kacang kuda (chickpeas) is delicious and as tender as I wanted. Traditional way of cooking it requires to soak the chickpeas in water for at least 24 hours before cooking. In order to achieve tender texture.
Well, using this precious pressure cooker in the lab I am able to reduce almost 98% of the cooking process and time. Makes me proud be be an engineer that able to use such cooking device to satisfy my cravings for boiled kacang kuda (chickpeas) within 1 and half hours only = process/preparation and cooking time.
I even manage to share the tender cooked chickpeas with almost 9 people, including me. Two of final year project (FYP) students that come for a meeting in the evening able enjoy it and even able to pack some to bring back their hostel.
Till then, have fun in cooking boiled kacang kuda (chickpeas) in your workplace.

Reference:
[1] My review on 6 liter Elba EPC 6000SS pressure cooker last 15 September 2018 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/11/my-review-on-pressure-cooker-elba-epc.html

No comments:

Post a Comment