Links

Thursday, October 3, 2019

The ability to continue/resume cooking of my 2.5 liter pressure cooker despite power cut off in the middle of cooking process.

This is taken last 21 September 2019.
I was using my 2.5 liter pressure cooker to boil water to make hot drink. Then suddenly the unstable power socket used, have power cut off. Makes the pressure cooker off due to no electricity.
Then I change to other power socket. To my surprise, this 2.5 liter pressure cooker of mine immediately resume cooking as per its last timing before the power cut off.
That shows that this 2.5 liter pressure cooker really live up its name as intelligent pressure cooker. Refer to the pictures below. Label intelligent pressure cooker at the back of my 2.5 liter pressure cooker.
From my understanding after refreshing my memory with Digital System class, this 2.5 liter pressure cooker is using non-volatile memory. 
Non-volatile memory (NVM) or non-volatile storage is a type of computer memory that can retrieve stored information even after having been power cycled [1]. 

Power cycling is the act of turning a piece of equipment, usually a computer, off and then on again [2].
It does feel nice being able to relate things being taught in class with device that I have been using constantly in daily life. Well, maybe only me who think that way😆.
Till then, have fun in relating electronic subject that being learned in class with things you do and used in daily life.

References:
[1] Non-volatile memory (NVM) in wikipedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-volatile_memory
[2] Power cycling in wikipedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_cycling

No comments:

Post a Comment