Links

Friday, October 11, 2019

2 basic kitchen appliances for those who started to live by themselves.

I have experienced renting a house with no gas stove. With excuse to avoid messy and dirty kitchen. If I have the knowledge on pressure cooker earlier, I would not have bought my multi cooker, travel cooker and lunch box along the years of my renting out life.

For me personally, I would choose these 2 items or kitchen appliances for my daily usage.
1) At least 1 liter stainless steel electric kettle.  Would be better to get 3 liter.
2) at least 2.5 liter pressure cooker. Would be better to get 6 liter. As you will be able to cook for many if needed later in 1 shot. 
Details or reasons as follows.

1) Fast boil water after a long day.
Advantage using 3 liter electric kettle: helps a lot to boil 1 time water enough for bath during rainy seasons or late night or early morning. Compare to 1 liter electric kettle. I prefer the one with covered heating plate or element.


2) Helps to cook food while taking bath and pray. The food will be ready by the time I settle down with good hot drink.
Advantage using 6 liter pressure cooker. Helps to cook 1 whole chicken if needed. If using 2.5 liter pressure cooker, need to cut the chicken to smaller size. I normally asked for soup cut. 
For 6 liter pressure cooker, it have option to get stainless steel inner pot. It is the best option when you need to share using it with others (*which I strongly against). As less people know how to use and care for non stick inner pot. Which the non stick will end up full of scratches.

I just owned a 2.5 liter pressure cooker since received it last 10 September 2019 [1]. I have been using every day. It is quite surprising. As I have few times borrowed and bring home the 6 liter pressure cooker from my lab. But I less use it during its presence in my home. I think because I find it heavy to be used when I am in low energy level. What I love is how this small pressure cooker assist me to also cook food for my cats such as chicken porridge and chicken soup [2,3]. Last time I am struggling to cook twice a week for them. Nowadays I am able to let it cook before I sleep at night despite my long and tiring day of work with ease. Or to cook early morning after my Subuh prayer. I love its ability to enable me multi task and finished other task while its cooking. Yes, I am considered lazy for choosing such method. But for me what matter the most is my cats are well fed daily despite I am sick or low energy level during menstruation [4]. Have to take care of myself well to be able to deliver work on time.
Can still fry chicken balls, nuggets, burger patty and even sausages using pressure cooker [5]. Which is why I love this multi task cooker. Just need to learn the correct technique and ways using it for your needs. Just I have cook less of fried food these days. Seems like my throat appreciate soupy food compared to fried ones.
There is a lot of pressure cooker and electric kettle in the market. Up to you to choose them as per your budget, preference and need. For free consultation, can always ask Uncle Google and Siri. If you ask me, means it will be paid consultation service. As my time is limited yet I am able to solve and deliver work on time.
Till then, have fun experimenting cooking with your 2.5 liter pressure cooker daily.

References:
[1] My review on 2.5 liter pressure cooker https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/09/my-review-of-25-liter-mini-pressure.html
[2] Chicken soup for my cats last 18 September 2019 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/09/the-look-of-my-cooked-chicken-soup.html
[3] The look of my chicken porridge last 15 September 2019 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/09/cooking-simple-chicken-porridge-using-5.html
[4] The look of dishes I made for myself during low energy level due menstruation last 28 September 2019. Half boiled eggs for breakfast, bread pudding for lunch and chicken porridge for dinner
https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/09/feeling-healthier-and-able-to-do-usual.html
[5] Fried chicken balls and nuggets using pressure cooker last 14 December 2018 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/12/my-lunch-fried-nuggets-and-chicken.html
[6] Pressure cooker is my suggested cooking tools for those who start to live on their own https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/09/pressure-cooker-is-my-suggested-cooking.html

No comments:

Post a Comment