Links

Friday, October 18, 2019

The importancy in using correct charger with matched ampere (A), power (W) and voltage (V) for your electronic devices.

I end up burned my universal adapter last evening of 17 October when using it to charged up my 2 months Pineng 20,000 mAh power bank.
The USB port in the universal adapter can only cater maximum 5 V/1 A. While my Pineng 20,000 mAh needs input 5V/2 A. 
This happen when an experienced engineer infested with dry flu virus. Harder to check every single items before usage. Might need design a good scanning device to advise me later could or not this device being used to charged with this charger.



Even stated in the device maximum for USB port is 5 V/1 A.
Very clear instructions in the guide paper stated not to use it to charge devices over 125 V/6 A or 250 V/3 A.
Very clear instructions in the paper guide.

The box of universal adapter.
Last time I have no issue using this universal adapter to charged up my previous powerbank and phone. Now, seems it is no longer suitable for charging usage of my usb powered devices. Due to high current requirements in newer electronic devices.
Fortunately it did not trigger any sparks. Just emit very strong chemical burning smell that makes me gagged each time I enter the lab that evening. Glad that both of my USB cable and Pineng powerbank safe from damage.
I think I bought this universal adapter last time while I am renting in Taman Universiti Skudai. Around 2012. Basically it is almost 7 years old already. This time, old does means obsolete.
Despite my experienced, I am still have the  tendency to over look safety parts, especially when infested with viruses.
Till then, make sure to check the power rating of both your charger and electronic devices before using it to charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment