Links

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Barter trade citronella (serai wangi) with my Cassumunar Ginger (bonglai) plant today

I have been waiting for almost 2 months to wait for my neighbour to be at home to barter trade my plants with her Citronella (serai wangi) [1]. When she came to my house, she choose my Cassumunar Ginger (bonglai) plant and Cuban oregano as our barter trade plant [2,3].
The look of my Cassumunar Ginger (bonglai) plant. Can see how yellow the rhizome looks.
Citronella is a type of lemon grass that has fragrant leaves [1]. It have the same look with normal lemon grass.

Cassumunar Ginger (bonglai) looks like ginger from the leaves. Also know as Bangle, Bolai, Cassumunar Ginger, Bengal Ginger, Bonada, Plai. The rhizome more yellow in colour which near towards orange compare to ginger with more powerful aroma [2].

My neighbour was quite surprise seeing my overflowing plants. Especially my pumpkin and papaya. As my papaya tree is bearing quite an abundance quantity of papaya fruits 😆. That is what the saying "seeing is believeing" truly suits the moment. She even asked what kind of fertilizer I used since my papaya fruits is plenty on its tree. Well, to know the secret you will need to be in my gardening short courses. Which I will inform later when I will handle it 😉.
Also she was impress seeing my asparagus plants. She is able to recognize my asparagus. Seems like she know the expensive ones 😉.

Till then, have fun barter trading your plants at home 😉.

References:
[1] Citronella (serai wangi) https://www.forestry.gov.my/index.php/en/tumbuhan-ubatan/item/serai-wangi
[2] Cassumunar Ginger (bonglaihttp://serisubuh.com/v1/bonglai.html
[3] My Cuban oregano at home https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.my/2016/08/plectranthus-amboinicus-to-reduce-cough.html

No comments:

Post a Comment