Links

Friday, February 23, 2018

My review on Panasonic quick hair dryer model EH-ND40-A655

I am using this hair dryer each time I am traveling. Bought it last 2014 for my own personal birthday gift to myself. Almost 4 years already with me.
Detachable nozzle.
Overview on speed and heat selections.
3 heat selections.
2 speed selections.
Back view.
My travel iron bag package.
What I like on this hair dryer:
  • It is foldable handle. A feature that is required from me to be able to fit in my luggage.
  • It has 3 temperature selections.
  • It has 2 speed selections.
  • Cool air selections.
  • Power: 1600W
  • Healthy & Set mode of 50°C
  • Automatic overheating protective device
  • Healthy quick drying nozzle
  • Part where in enable the hair dryer to be hooked

What it lacks of:
  • Nanoe technology. Unlike all Panasonic high end hair dryer.
  • Tourmaline and ceramic technology—key for smooth strands
  • A "cool shot" button. The "cool shot" is a button usually on the handle of the dryer that will shoot cool hair out, which will help you set your hair style, particularly for bangs and flips.

Verdict:
Regardless this hair dryer does have lacks of certain features that I need, it is convenient enough to dry my wet drench hair. Despite it takes longer time since it is quite low in power. 

The automatic overheating protective device function does help a lot in drying process. Also in protecting the device itself. Where this technology is not in my previous Vidal Sassoon hair dryer model S108. Which makes it grow hotter when after using it for more than 5 or 6 years (from 2009 until 2014/2015) [3]. 

By the way, do make sure to use a good quality surge protector  when using hair dryer with it [4,5]. As surge protector is better to be used on electronic devices compare to power strip [6]. Since surge protector able to protect your device from power spike. Does assist in reduce from any mishaps when using heavy duty hair dryer where could leads sparks generated from overloaded power which can cause fire hazard when the device is connected on a normal power strip or even wall plug that have no surge protector function. Like what happen to one of my girlfriend last year. Which she put blame on her power strip that have no surge protector function. Where it is actually user fault for not choosing good match on device and connector to use the device 😏.

You can learn more on how and type of surge protector suitable to your hair dryer and other electronic and electrical appliances when you join my short course that I will conduct later.

Till then, be safe when drying your hair.

References:
[1] My suggestion on type of hair dryer last time https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.my/2016/03/how-to-take-care-hair-and-scalp-for.html
[2] Specification on Panasonic quick hair dryer model EH-ND40-A655 https://www.panasonic.com/my/consumer/beauty/hair-care/eh-nd40.html
[3] Why automatic overheating protective device function is important and this technology is not in my previous Vidal Sassoon hair dryer https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.my/2017/01/review-on-vidal-sassoon-hair-dryer-s108.html
[4] What is surge protector https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surge_protector
[5] My extension block that able to withstand up to 2500 W devices https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.my/2016/03/why-bringing-my-own-usb-extension-daily.html
[6] What is power strip https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_strip

No comments:

Post a Comment