Links

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Career and courses options route after SPM

I have been asked last Saturday by my girlfriend to help advise her niece son on possible courses that suits his result and preference.
Since I am from electronics background and UTM graduate, I definitely suggest him to take electronics or mechatronics engineering in UTM. As that is the 2 programme where Siemens  Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. hired while I was with them last 2008 till 2011. Despite I am in Power Generation department, under Energy division [1].
Will make another entry on why electronics programme in UTM better from other universities in Malaysia [3]. This is based from my 3 years experience after working in Siemens Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. and working in School of Electrical Engineering (SKE), UTM for 7 years.

Since this main entry is more on selection and available options for career and courses, can refer to enclosed flowchart for easier understanding of the current flow. As the process flow now different from my time after SPM last 2000. Please bear in mind, this flowchart is done for science stream students only.
The flowchart on application flow to courses and career.
I do the above flowchart based on my experienced and understanding. As the one I found in others website quite misleading and not sufficient enough to understand within 1 time reading. For me, flowchart is much easier to understand. Plus it is one of the basic traits in programming.
To be frank, a science stream students have better options and selections for career path. This flowchart is made from my experience in having 9 siblings. Where 4 of us in engineering field (electronics, chemical, mechanical and power), 4 in medical field (medical officer, medical assistant and nurse) and 1 in education field [2]. Seems like only 1 from 9 of use follow the footsteps of my parents into education field. Not all my siblings choose their courses based what they like or interested, but some does have to make choices based on their results. Especially the ones that falls under above average and average. Since they also last time, do not know what they like, interested or aimed to be.As not all of us get very good results. Unlike me, I do know what I want and can do. I blessed to have uncles and aunts on my mother's side who have taken engineering courses for their degree. As I am able to get  free yet thoughtful consultation from them on what kind of engineering courses that suits my nature as a female. And now, I am passing the knowledge around as my effort to pass their kindness to others in need.

Have to be careful in matriculation selection if aiming to enter UTM. As I just found out that certain matriculation centre is being blacklisted from UTM intake. Therefore, ask around for better selection. Can get consultation from me also. Surely the service won't come for free😁. As I also put on effort in getting the correct information from lecturer who involve yearly in UTM student intake.

One suggested good animation movie on engineering is Big Hero 6 [4]. It is aout a young robotics prodigy that always involved in illegal robot fights. Where one night, his brother bring him to his research lab in San Fransokyo Institute of Technology. Impressed by the reseaches and technology in the lab, he decided to apply for the university. Can read more in the given link [4].

Hope the flowchart above able to assist in the application process.

Till then, have fun in assist advising your relatives career and courses that they might like to take.

References:

No comments:

Post a Comment