Links

Monday, June 25, 2018

The healthy of my neem leaves in my home last Friday.

I am glad to see my neem plant looks healthy. Since I have not tending after my plants much after Aidil Fitri. I bought it last 8 March 2018 while accompanying my girlfriend to buy flowers for her garden [1].
Close up on the neem leaves that I plant at home.



Information on neem from wikipedia [2]:
Azadirachta indica, commonly known as neem, nimtree or Indian lilac, is a tree in the mahogany family Meliaceae. It is one of two species in the genus Azadirachta, and is native to the Indian subcontinent, i.e. India, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and Maldives. It is typically grown in tropical and semi-tropical regions. Neem trees also grow in islands located in the southern part of Iran. Its fruits and seeds are the source of neem oil.
Neem leaves are dried in India and placed in cupboards to prevent insects eating the clothes, and also in tins where rice is stored. Neem leaves are dried and burnt in the tropical regions to keep away mosquitoes.
Against pox viruses: In India, people who are affected with pox viruses are generally made to lie in a bed made of neem leaves and branches.The belief is that it prevents the spreading of pox virus to others and has been in practice since early centuries [2].

My main purpose in planting neem is to be used as non-pesticidal management (NPM), providing a natural alternative to synthetic pesticides. Neem oil has been shown to avert termite attack as an ecofriendly and economical agent [2].

Till then, have fun in growing neem plant at home 😉.

References:
[1] Bought neem plant while accompanying my girlfriend buy flowers for her garden last 8 March 2018 http://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/03/accompanying-my-girlfriend-for-lunch.html
[2] Neem in wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azadirachta_indica

No comments:

Post a Comment