Links

Thursday, June 21, 2018

The pretty look of my Orthosiphon aristatus (misai kucing) flower last August 2017.

The look of blooming my Orthosiphon aristatus (misai kucing) flower last 2 August 2017. I only have the one that produce white flower at this moment.






Information on Orthosiphon aristatus (misai kucing) from wikipedia:
Orthosiphon aristatus is a plant species in the family of Lamiaceae / Labiatae. The plant is a medicinal herb found mainly throughout southern China, the Indian Subcontinent, South East Asia and tropical Queensland [1]. It is known as kumis kucing in Indonesia and misai kucing in Malaysia. In the US it may be commonly known as cat's whiskers or Java tea.
Orthosiphon aristatus is used in landscaping to attract bees, butterflies and hummingbirds to its nectar [1].

Pictures above was taken using my Samsung J7 Prime phone.

I only consume the leaves hot drink at least once per 2 weeks for my kidney care. One of my colleagues who have kidney stones last time, seems to benefit from this fresh  leaves hot drink. Which taste better than blended fresh radish drink. I have made such fresh radish drink last time. I only manage to swallow for 3 sips only. It was too bitter for me. So, hot drink of cat's whisker leaves is the best option for those who have kidney stone issue. Well, you will need to know the technique to make and consume the drinks. 

Till then, have fun in planting herbs that could assist in your health in your house compound 😉.

Reference:
[1] Orthosiphon aristatus (misai kucing) from wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthosiphon_aristatus

No comments:

Post a Comment