Links

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Precautions steps while charging phone to prevent explosions

It was on the news last 15 June 18, the first day of Aidil Fitri. Where a life where loss due to phone exploded while it is charging [1,2].

Among safe charging tips given in thestar newspaper is [2]:
Do not overcharge the phone. In fact, it's better to charge your phone throughout the day as it's claimed to extend the life of your battery. Avoid charging it overnight and, if you must, remove the casing, especially if it's very thick [2].

As for me, I have invested for a charger that have cut off charging features since year 2011 [3,4].
My good old charger since year 2011.
Last time my colleague have experience where his battery become swelling or looks puffy or misshapen or bloated. Which is harmful as such condition of battery could lead to explosion.
Ever since he used phone charger suggested by me, he have never come across such issue.

For me who have basic in electronic engineering field, I am able to understand well the importance of such cut off features in my phone charger.
My standard practice is better to be safe than never. As current phone battery is non removable type.

Till then, be safe when leave your phone to charge 😉.

References:

No comments:

Post a Comment