Links

Friday, June 22, 2018

The look of type bean plant that grow wildly in my house compound last time.

There is one type of bean plant that grow by itself in my house compound last time. Fortunately I decided to leave the bean plant grow all over my house compound last time after seeing the nodules on the roots. As it turned out that the wild bean plant does helps to fertilize the soil in my house compound. I even manage to get almost 1 to 2 inch of thick black fertilized soil on the surface of the original soil in my house compound. All thanks to the unidentified wild bean plants.

From wikipedia [1]:
Within legume nodules, nitrogen gas from the atmosphere is converted into ammonia, which is then assimilated into amino acids (the building blocks of proteins), nucleotides (the building blocks of DNA and RNA as well as the important energy molecule ATP), and other cellular constituents such as vitamins, flavones, and hormones. Their ability to fix gaseous nitrogen makes legumes an ideal agricultural organism as their requirement for nitrogen fertilizer is reduced [1]. 

Plants that contribute to nitrogen fixation include the legume family – Fabaceae – with taxa such as kudzu, clovers, soybeans, alfalfa, lupines, peanuts, and rooibos. They contain symbiotic bacteria called rhizobia within the nodules, producing nitrogen compounds that help the plant to grow and compete with other plants. When the plant dies, the fixed nitrogen is released, making it available to other plants and this helps to fertilize the soil [1].
The close up looks of nodules on this bean plant roots.


The look of flower of the bean plant.


Close up on the leaves of the bean plant.
The characteristics of the wild bean plants that I notice is:

  • each branch have 3 leaves.
  • it does have beans on it. But I seldom take notice as it is very small in size.

I do notice is this wild bean plants grow in inhabitant houses in my housing area. What I love the most, the wild bean plants does helps to my my original soil in my house compound  more fertile.
I am grateful to practice weeding using my scythe and hands to pull the roots out instead of mowing. If not, I would not notice the beauty of the nodules on this wild bean plant roots.

Now it almost extinct from my house compound. Since I have grow a lot of plants in my house. It seems to lose competing with other creeping plants in my house such as sweet potatoes, kaduk and pegaga.

Hopefully I am able to preserve the unidentified wild bean plants for future usage😉.

Reference:
[1] Root nodule from wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_nodule

No comments:

Post a Comment