Links

Saturday, December 29, 2018

Burying food waste on my plant base today.

One of my neighbour make tahlil and yasin event yesterday in her home. She even cooked all the food herself.
The food is rice (using moghul rice, serai, evaporated milk, red onions, garlic, salt), acar (consist of pineapple, chili and cucumber), kuah dal (consist of dhal nuts, brinjals, long beans), paceri nenas (consist of pineapple and others ingredients) and ayam masak merah (spicy chicken). It was delicious.

Since I manage to help till the end, I get to asked for her food waste to be taken away for my plants food. This morning, I manage to bury them all on the planted plants outside my house compound. My way of composting food waste.
Around 5 kg food waste.

Digging hole on my plant base to bury the food waste.

Putting the food waste inside the dig hole.
Reason the food waste to be buried is to avoid foul odor and animals from ravaging it. Plus, it helps to be eaten by earthworms faster.

Daphne reveals that she does make her own compost from kitchen waste, and have recently started making more compost using extra waste like the dead leaves and twigs from her garden, which would take longer to compost [1].
If she can do it in her condominium balcony, why not me who have land area inside and outside my house area?

Till then, have fun in collecting and burying food waste on your planted plants base.

Reference:
[1] The famous Malaysian TV Personality and host of Say Yes to the Dress Asia tells us why she grows her own plants in her  condominium balcony and shares some useful tips for gardening beginners. https://www.iproperty.com.my/lifestyle/setting-up-a-balcony-garden-let-daphne-iking-show-you-how/

No comments:

Post a Comment