Links

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Mini USB device to test operating current and output voltage of USB device and port.

Since I am now into diy (do-it-yourself) things, I decided to get some gadget and tools to assist my work.
For me, it is quite a handy device especially to know and measure the mAh stands for mili-Ampere-hours and is a unit that measures (electric) power over time. It is commonly used to measure the energy capacity of a battery.
With this device, I am able to eliminate the need to shove multimeter in my handbag. Despite I do carry multimeter in my extra bag in daily basis.
The operating current and output voltage measuring in process. I am using 1A USB port in my powerbank for this experiment.
After 17 minutes, the display on mini USB device shows that 16 mAh is the amount or capacity being charged to my mini LED lamp. My mini LED rechargeable battery capacity is 100 mAh [1].
Voltage charging range: 5.00 to 5.03 V.
Current charging range: 0.05 to 0.08 A.
Both still within good range. As over voltage is 5.3 V and under voltage is 4.7 V.
Quite a nice measurement to make. Means no over charging value to my mini LED lamp. One of my way to protect my mini LED lamp from over charging. As there is not cut off features in charging of my mini LED lamp. Or even light changing colour to indicate the battery is full. Basically, I need to do manual cut off charging.
With this device, I am able to know how long the time it takes to charge up my mini LED lamp to 100 mAh. Very convenient than my current way. Which is to stop charging after 18 minutes😅.
Till then, have fun in measuring electric charge the battery in your powerbank can provide😉.

Reference:
[1] My review on mini LED lamp https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/11/my-review-on-new-mini-led-light.html

No comments:

Post a Comment