Links

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

My brown pandan pudding today.

My pandan pudding today. Suppose to be green due to pandan leaves usage [1]. But turned brown as I use brown sugar😆.
After 4 hours and 44 minutes, it solidifies nicely. Cooking process only took me 30 minutes.

The semi solidify scoop around 2.30 pm.
The scooped brown pandan pudding.
Semi solidify look of my brown pandan pudding.
The finished cooked brown pandan pudding with brown sugar around 11.30 am.
I used 6 pandan leaves (equals to 6 gm) instead of 5 in the recipe. I also add 3 spearmint leaves for additional flavour enhancer.
I pack it with the used cooking pot and bring it to lab today. Maybe one of the factor that contributes on the slow solidification process.
I used boxed coconut milk from Ayam Brand. As brand Cocomas that I always used, is not around. First time using it.
I do feel proud as I am able to used the organic and home grown pandan and spearmint leaves. No more need to buy them at shop anymore.

My Syrian postgraduate friend also loves the pudding taste very much. He did asked me what kind of ingredients used for my pudding.
I only used 6 ingredients. That is:
  1. Eggs
  2. Coconut milk, the boxed one
  3. Pandan leaves
  4. Salt
  5. Brown sugar
  6. Jelly strand 1 pack
I add 3 spearmint leaves for extra fresh taste and smell in order to avoid overpowering egg smell.
Till then, have fun in sharing home made brown pandan pudding with your work colleagues😉.

Reference:
[1] Pandan leaves https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandanus_amaryllifolius

No comments:

Post a Comment