Links

Monday, February 4, 2019

Making impossible task to be possible and manage to delivered it on time.

I manage to deliver impossible task to be possible and even manage to deliver it on time. That is to print and submit Master thesis in Engineering today after given to me yesterday around 6 pm. Where the corrected ones given today around 12 pm.
Submission in SKE SPS that already relocated in V01, SBME (from P19a, SKE) due to centralization of management. Around 4.30 pm after get both signatures of supervisors.
There is lots of limitations in last minutes submission. I listed 4 of them below. 

First limitation: the printing shop is closed due to Chinese New Year celebration.
Fortunately, I have few good reliable friends that able to assist in printing process. That is why it is really important to treat others with good organic food.
Also, the lab still have sufficient stationary supplies. Where I am able to bind the printed thesis in the lab. 
Printing in my friend lab.
The finished printed corrected thesis.
Second limitation: Thankfully I am in good terms with this student's supervisor. And both of them working today despite the long holiday ahead. So I am able to get both of their signature. But I have to run up the stairs 3 times to the 4th floor. The last one, I took the lift but have to walk far.

Third limitation: the SPS SKE management have moved from P19a, SKE, UTM JB campus to V01, SBME in Taman Universiti. Where I have to go back take signature from both supervisor as the thesis were not signed at all from all 3 parties. Fortunately, P03 lift is working. If not, it will the the fourth time I have to run up the stairs to the fourth floor of P04, SKE. In order to get signature from his supervisor. I even have to sign the thesis on behalf of the thesis owner.

Fourth limitation: I am unwell under fever and coughing with thick phlegm. Fortunately I have drink my herbal drink yesterday [2].

Moral of the story, do not ever submit your work last minutes. And if I am the one who do the job, I would definitely charge triple due to the all impossible and limitations ahead.
I also would not think anyone able to pull off such short notice work and deliver it on time. If I am alone in my fever and coughing conditions, I would definitely just walk away and drive home for rest. Thanks to my lab partner who help me to push through all the hardships. Where I treat him with good meals after all completed. Good food is a must with me. That is my source of energy to run up 4th floor stairs.
If you think all the above work is easy and want it for free, please by all means do it yourself💪.
I was even asked why the student given privilege to submit at last minute. On the edge of Chinese New Year long haliday some more. Well,  since I am not well, I just ignore such questions. But it is really making others miserable for such last minute work. Where the student should do all by himself. So he would know how extensive effort needed to complete and submit the thesis. By all means, it is his future and not even mine.
Don't ever assume everyone did not take leave or even have nothing to do at all till they can just entertain such last minute work.

Till then, do put more effort in submitting your thesis correction earlier to the person that you hire for submission process, like me.

References:
[1] Relaxing with Dell after submitting thesis for PhD thesis in FTI (Fakulti Tamadun Islam) last 3 July 2018 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/07/relaxing-time-with-my-precious-dell.html
[2] Drinking herbal drink consist of Cuban oregano and hempedu bumi for my fever and coughing with thick phlegm https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/02/bitter-herbal-drink-for-my-cough-phlegm.html

No comments:

Post a Comment