Links

Thursday, November 15, 2018

The delicious home made chicken porridge by me today.

Finished cooked after 40 minutes in congee /soup mode using pressure cooker Elba EPC 6000SS [1,2].
Can see from the video how nice the porridge texture turned out.
The look of fully cooked chicken in the porridge.

Adding kicap manis (sweet soy sauce) for extra flavour.
The porridge not sticky and not too watery. Just nice to my taste and liking.
Basically, here I used ratio 1:3.8 for rice and water. For those who prefer more watery version, maybe can use ratio 1:4.5 for rice and water. Despite it is a try and error attempt since it is my first time to cook chicken porridge using pressure cooker, I do measured well all ingredients in order to know which part need to be add more or reduce for next attempt. I prefer consistent taste in my cooked food. My so called well documented cooking style😆.
It is quite an achievement for me who is unwell due to massive dry flu. What make me proud is I used fresh home grown ingredients. Basically, no additional man made flavour.
Well, I used to cook my own chicken porridge last time when I work in Kluang and KL whenever I am not feeling well. Last time, I often used chicken stock. Now with pressure cooker, no longer need chicken stock as I can used frozen chicken directly in the pressure cooker for chicken flavour. I prefer to cook my own chicken porridge. Plus, more convenient than driving around to go buy in McDonalds. As last time, no stock available in the nearby McDonalds.

Till then, have fun enjoying your home cooked chicken porridge in peace😋. As for me, both Dell and Furball keep coming sniffing around while I try to eat.

Update:
On 4.00 pm, I already eaten 3 times from the cooked chicken porridge. Seems like I could have 2 more fill from the balance. Less phlegms also on my throat.

References:
[1] My steps in cooking my own chicken porridge for my dry flu today https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/11/my-attempt-in-making-chicken-porridge.html
[2] My verdict after using pressure cooker Elba EPC 6000SS https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/11/my-verdict-after-frequent-usage-of.html
[3] My review on pressure cooker Elba EPC 6000SS https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/11/my-review-on-pressure-cooker-elba-epc.html

No comments:

Post a Comment