Links

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Improvised pressure cook beef with bonglai.

The original resepi is steamed chicken with ginger. Since my planted ginger still small, I substitute it with bonglai. I also used beef instead of chicken for this improvised version.
The look of the ingredients for this dish.
Can see I simply throw in the frozen meat into the pot.
I used the largest bunch of my red onion leaves for this dish.
I like this recipe and cooking method. As I do not even need to marinate the beef. Just throw everything that have been measured in the pressure cooker.
It turned out nice and savory after around 30 minutes. I am even able to bring it to the lab for my lunch today.
The tasty improvised beef with bonglai.
I do think this kind of meal would suits people in confinement, sick ones that have no appetite and kids as it is not spicy at all.
The fulfilling lunch of mine.
Video that show how tender the meat is when I try to split it using single handed fork.

Till then, have fun enjoy fast cooked home meal.
[2] Bonglai for chicken soup for my cats https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/03/my-organic-bonglai-harvest-for-my-cats.html

8 comments:

  1. Hi kak! I bought this same model recently and I am super inspired by what you have cooked with your pressure cooker.

    I am new to using an electrical pressure cooker and nak tanye a few questions. Would be grateful if you could help! :)

    For this beef with bonglai dish, your picture shows you put in the meat + spices + sauces. Do you need to put in more liquid after that? To reach the minimum liquid level of the pot?

    And which setting did you use to cook meat like this?

    Thanks!
    Emy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For this model,need to put at least 60 ml water for it to built up pressure.if not,it won't be able to built up pressure at all. And you will get burned food and error due to overheat. You can add more water as needed. But the soup will be watery and less tasteful for me. I prefer less soup but concentrated ones. Else can use ratio 1 kg chicken: 500 ml water. As both meat and chicken will produce water from the meat around 100 to 200 ml at least from 1 kg chicken or meat. I prefer to use function tendon/bean. Set timer to 1.0 for 1 hour cooking time. This pressure cooker does works well and already 5 years with me. Just that the manual too simple and less user share their experience using it. Hope this help.
      https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/11/my-review-on-pressure-cooker-elba-epc.html

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for taking the time to write out such helpful and detailed tips! Selamat Hari Raya Aidiladha

      Delete
    3. Welcome.I know the frustration in using this model due the minimal user guide.wish me luck to make recipe book of this model later. Just to share the cooked weaved ketupat made yesterday with students,cooked using this pressure cooker.it turned out well,delicious and pretty also. Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Adha to you too.
      https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2020/07/special-skill-class-of-weaving-ketupat.html

      Delete
    4. Assalamualaikum..hi Nurul. .actually I'm still new in using this Elba model, b4 this pakai noxxa which is much easier since there's such plenty of users shares their experiences n how to bla..n bla....
      Saya nak Tanya...boleh u advice tak mcm mn sy nak bakar beef/lamb etc guna pc Elba ni sbb saya nak teksture yg lembut n juicy. Biasa kalau guna oven dia mcm tak lembut...kalau makcik/pakcik yg less Gigi Tu susah nakchew..tqia dear

      Delete
    5. Wassalam. No experience cook beef/lamb yet. Maybe can use function rice, timer 0.5,valve seal. Can refer to my post in cooking marinated chicken. Hope it helps https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2020/08/making-4-out-of-7-marinated-chicken.html

      Delete
  2. hey nurul, thanks for sharing this awesome pressure cooker recipe... i'm in between picking up la gourmet pressure cooker in malaysia and toshiba ... just want to know your views and opinions on choosing a pressure cooker... what do you look at before picking one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can refer to my entry here on criteria or requirement of my chosen pressure cooker
      https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/11/my-verdict-after-frequent-usage-of.html

      Delete