Links

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

About my current obsession in using pressure cooker for daily usage.

One of my girlfriend was unfazed with my current spark on pressure cooker usage. She even asked me why? I simply said that I never owned a pressure cooker before in my life. Until one being donated by one of lecturer to the lab [1]. Which become under my care. Being someone who was trained to utilized the given tool, I does makes some cooking experiement with it.
Last time, I only owned multi cooker and slow cooker in year 2010 [2]. As the price of those two was 50% to 70% cheaper than an electric pressure cooker. At that time, the rental house do not have gas stove and I want to take care of my health by cooking home made food. Still I love my multi cooker as I am able to fried keropok ikan, nuggets, burger patty, nasi goreng, eggs and  chicken porridge using it. My staple food during younger days😅.
I have no exposure in using pressure cooker before. As my Mum last time only owned steamer and oven. It would be nice if I have known the benefit in using pressure cooker earlier. As it does cut down to almost 87.5% time to cook tender meat. My slow cooker already perish along with my Mum's house that got burned down last 8 August 2013 [3]. So, no more information on the model of the burned slow cooker of mine. Regardless, it took almost 3 to 4 hours to get a tender cooked meat using the slow cooker. Unlike my girlfriend, she is lucky for her early exposure with her Mum using pressure cooker in earlier stage. Still, better late than never😊.
My boss even infected with my obession after seeing how easy it is to cook frozen beef till tender within 30 minutes. Which he ends up buying one for himself [4].
Like me, I do like the fast way the pressure cooker cook my meals. Plus, I can simply throw the measured ingredients in it. Then leave it to cook while I do other things. Normally, I would throw the cooking ingredients after I finished tending after my plants and cats in the morning. And it finished cooking after I am ready to leave the house. Normally, I bring the whole pressure cooker unit with me to the lab. I know it is lots of hassle, but it worth the effort. As I save time from transfering the food into other container. Also make it much easier for me to reheat the cold food in the lab whenever I want to have it warm. Really suits for someone who is always on the move like me😅.

Till then, have fun in experimenting the best cooking tool that suits and fulfill your daily need and usage😉.

References:
[1] My verdict after frequent usage of Elba EPC 6000SS pressure cooker https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/11/my-verdict-after-frequent-usage-of.html
[3] The look of my Mum's house perished in fire last 8 August 2013 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-loss-of-your-beloved-ones.html

No comments:

Post a Comment