Links

Monday, November 26, 2018

Solder and repair my broken earphone using new soldering set.

My earphone has been broken for the past 2 months. That is the last one I have. Since the broken part can be repair, I have tried to repair it using the solder iron in the lab. To my dismay, all 3 of them not working properly and need to be send for maintenance before used. I feel really annoyed with such thing. As the solder iron was bought for the student in the lab to used for their projects. But they don't even bother to maintain the solder iron after usage. They really take things for granted. Somehow, I wish they need to feel and went through what I feel as I am the one left to repair and maintain the lab equipment nowadays. Since they are already graduated.*Seems like I forget to the maintainence step to use the old oxidized soldering iron after almost 6 years not doing it all by myself😅. The forgotten skills.
Fortunately, my boss bought a new soldering iron set for his personal used during 11.11 sale. I manage to get his permission to use it to repair my earphone today. Only took me less than 40 minutes to finished solder and repair my earphone. It has been long since I do soldering works. Now the earphone is working perfectly as before.
The finished look.

The look with tape on to protect it.


The look of the complete solder kit.



The look of solder iron with controllable heat button.
The cute wire stripper.


Additional lighting to assist my long sighted eyes in the soldering work
The finished look from the back.

The repaired look from front.
Now the earphone is working perfectly as before. I manage to safe RM 50 from buying a new set of earphone. Like I always said to my brother, to safe a lot will takes lot of time and effort. But for me, it worth in a long run. Some say that RM 50 is an expensive earphone. But it is a good investment as I can also use it as my phone handsfree. Also the earbuds design make it have noise cancellation feature and comfortable to wear in long hours [1]. It can also serve as earplug if needed. Good things never comes cheap, but they are in good quality and repairable. Compare to the cheap ones and cannot be repaired at all. Would cost more to me in a long run.
I should really aim to buy the complete soldering kit later for myself. So that I can repair my things if needed at home on the spot.
Till then, have fun in solder and repair your own broken earphone😉.

Reference:
[1] Reason I choose earbuds over headphone https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/04/reason-i-choose-earbuds-over-headphone.html

No comments:

Post a Comment