Links

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Comparison of leaves between open sunlight and under shades of my patchouli (nilam pandan).

I have plant few of patchouli (nilam pandan) in my house for the past 2 months. Today, I manage to put them side by side for comparison of my experiment.
The obvious difference of leaves size and colour.
The left patchouli (nilam pandan) of above picture:
  • The one planted under open and direct sunlight have lighter colour on the leaves.
  • Smaller leaf size.

The right patchouli (nilam pandan) of above picture:
  • The one planted under shades of my papaya tree have darker colour on the leaves.
  • Bigger and wider leaf size.

So far, the one under shades have more fragrant scent compare the one under open sunlight.

Patchouli (nilam pandan) leaves is one of main ingredients in original bunga rampai. It leaves smells one level higher fragrant than pandan leaves.
At this moment, I am using it as organic air freshener in my cats room, other rooms in the house and my car. I also put it in the basket where my cats sleep. Where the next day they will smell lovely of patchouli (nilam pandan) scent. Without worrying if they eat it. As it safe for them to consume.
I have tried planting bunga kesidang, jasmine flower, santalia flower plants. But unfortunately, all died. So, I have to resolve to smaller plant that have good scent which is patchouli (nilam pandan). So far, it is growing healthy at this moment. I was aiming to have scented fresh air in coming from my yard😁.

Till then, have fun in experimenting with your plant and enjoy the fragrant of the organic patchouli leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment