Links

Monday, May 28, 2018

Broken branch of my papaya tree today.

I have tried to make vegetative propagation on the papaya top branch. But seems like it makes the branch weak. As the papaya fruit on the top were quite heavy in weight. Which end up for it to break today.



Close up on the broken branch. 

The look of the papaya tree yesterday before it is broken.
Got one almost ripe papaya.  The weight is 1,930 gm. The part that break is the part where I tried to make vegetative propagation (tut).
The broken branch scene. 

The look of the top papaya branch that already on the ground. 

Dell enjoys the ripe papaya today before he eat his chicken soup. 
I am climbing stairs to cover the broken part from rain.


Can see the new flower buds under the vegetative propagation (tut) part. I have circled them in red coloured circle.
Covered the broken branch with plastic bag.
I am still keeping the papaya branch as it is as it already bear fruit buds on it. Which makes a lot of sense for me to keep and care for the papaya tree. Since the fruit quality produces by it also very good. As you can see from top pictures, Dell also enjoy eating the papaya fruit from the broken papaya branch. More reason to keep and care for it.
I am covering the opened broken papaya trunk with plastic in order to protect it from rain. As there is a hole in the middle of the papaya trunk. Which could end up with rotten tree trunk if this step is not taken.
Till then, be safe while climbing stairs to mend your plants at home. Especially when you are doing things alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment