Links

Friday, May 25, 2018

Types of caterpillars found in my home yesterday.

I found 3 types of caterpillars in my house compound yesterday morning.
2 of them on my garden balsam (keembung) flower plant pot [1]. 
Look how the leaves of my garden balsam (keembung) flower plant being eaten.


Also in my garden balsam (keembung) flower plant pot.
Scientific name for garden balsam is Impatiens balsamina [1]. So far, I have manage to spray the garden balsam plant with neem oil to prevent the caterpillars to keep on eating the leaves and relocate them to other plants that I do not mind for them to enjoy. Since I do love my compound to have butterflies roaming around.
I use broken branches and the trimmed banana leaves yesterday for the relocation process. As precautions in case the caterpillars carry poisons in their colourful bodies. Better safe than sorry in my standard operating procedure (SOP) of gardening 😉.

1 more caterpillar is near my tetulang plant area. 
The largest one among 3 of the caterpillars.
Hopefully I am able to know their type and species later. Would be nice to know in details. Especially the type of butterflies that they would become later.
Till then, have fun in taking pictures of the caterpillars in your house compound 😉.

Reference:
[1] Garden balsam https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impatiens_balsamina

No comments:

Post a Comment